Bonnet Respray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet Respray

This is a very similar post to jogi730s.
    My car is in the garage getting accident damage repaired. The whole LH side of the car is getting resprayed. While its in there I'm thinking of getting the bonnet done as well, as 10 years of hard driving has left it with quite a few stone chips.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what cost to expect for getting the bonnet resprayed in a pearl effect paint?
    ex '93 Avant owner

paints about £60 quid a litre, depends how friendly you are with the guy who's spraying it as to how much they charge you, id say £150 round figures by the time they have thrown a bit of bog round it, primed it, painted, laquered n polished etc

Comment

I'd spend a couple to 250 and get them to flick the colour over the tops of the wings and laquer out to the edges, that way the colour will be spot on. edge to edge always looks different even if your sprayer is awesome, cos the origional was a robot!
      Ragusa Coupe gone!
      sigpic
      VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
      VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
      vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Originally posted by groofosp
        I'd spend a couple to 250 and get them to flick the colour over the tops of the wings and laquer out to the edges, that way the colour will be spot on. edge to edge always looks different even if your sprayer is awesome, cos the origional was a robot!
        Sidspud

I would totally agree with this. Under street light especially, this would become quite apparent between panels unles it was "blown in".
        95 S2 Avant Ming Blue - now gone and sorley missed:cry:
        2001 B5 RS4 Santorin Blue - MRC'd - now here:chit:
        88 Ur MB Quattro -Pearl White - The daddy!:cool:

Classic S2 Avant billboard ad - "My other car's a Porsche, but today I'm in a hurry"

Comment

One side will be getting done at the same time anyway, so it would only have to be blended into one other wing.
          I've been promised a quote this afternoon, so I'll wait and see what they come back with.
          ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I got my replacement bonnet sprayed (with wings oversprayed) by DA Autos in Dumfries. It was around £250 IIRC (the invoice is at home - I'll check when I get back) and they did an excellent job. I can recommend them. My coupe is Kingfisher Blue and I was worried that the match may have been difficult to achieve but no problem - I've yet to see a mismatch in any light! I guess you may need to factor in a little extra for the pearl. The guy who quoted me was a bit of an Audi fan as well.

Comment

I didn't know DA's did work like that. My car is in at Nationwide, so I thought I'd just ask them to do it while it was in. But if they come back too expensive then I'll look elsewhere.
              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by sidspud
                I didn't know DA's did work like that. My car is in at Nationwide, so I thought I'd just ask them to do it while it was in. But if they come back too expensive then I'll look elsewhere.
                Pearl is a pig to blend in, get as much done at the same place at the same time or you will regret it. Pearl was a £1,500 extra cost option on the S2. I have a 1993 price list!

David

Comment

When some jealous 4ucker put a key right across my bonnet in Leeds, i had it resprayed in kingfisher for £150. He also done the front wings to blend in the colour and the match was perfect.
                  Graham
                  Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by sidspud
                    Duh my brain not in gear - it was BB Body Repairers in Troqueer. Charged £80 for paint and £175 for labour. Not sure if this would be the cheapest you could get but as I said a very good job done.

Comment

Well they finally got back to me with a quote of £250 + VAT. I'll not be getting them to do the job. Not because its expensive, but because they promised me a quote on Friday afternoon, and I got it on Tuesday afternoon!
                      They have my car in getting the side resprayed after an accident. They picked it up on the 9th and I've been told to expect a call on Friday (20th) to tell me when they think it might be ready!
                      They have to be the slowest company EVER! In the mean time I'm running about in a 1.7 Deisel Astra! 73BHP! I think I'll go and slit my wrists now.
                      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
                      X