Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martynf
    665 inc vat for the OE detachable Greg
    Better than the dealer price do you know what the towing capacity of the S2 coupe is mate?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
      Better than the dealer price do you know what the towing capacity of the S2 coupe is mate?
      I think it may be in the handbook?

David

Comment

nose weight of 75 kilos max Greg, as for the total permissible, no, no idea. Time to check the handbook for the braked and unbraked weights allowed.
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I will have another check thru the handbook, the only thing i could find the other day was about being towed by another car. Unless there is details on the V5 about it.

Because it kinda of dictates what trailer I can tow since you cant generally tow a trailer witha MGW of more than the car.

Greg
          Greg

Comment

The data sections are :

O
            O.1
            O.2

on the V5.

Mine are all empty Greg. This must be compulsory for other classifications, not so for PLG.

This may help:
            Kerb Weight
            The weight of the towing vehicle as defined by the vehicle manufacturer (we suggest that you consult your vehicle's manual for this).

Actual Laden Weight
            The total weight of the caravan/trailer and its contents when being towed.

Caravan or Trailer /Towing Vehicle Weight Ratio
            The actual laden weight of the caravan expressed as a percentage of the kerb weight of the towing vehicle, i.e: actual laden weight of caravan, divided by kerb weight of towing vehicle, multiplied by 100.

Car to Caravan weight ratio

It is recommended that you do not exceed an 85% caravan to car weight ratio. This means that your caravan, fully loaded, should not be more than 85% of your cars kerb-weight (or max tow weight if this is lower). If you are an experienced caravaner you can go up to 100% weight ration but this is not recommended. If the caravan is more than the kerb-weight of the car and you are stopped by the Police you could be prosecuted.

Took that info from: http://www.gocaravanning.com/caravan...wing_guide.htm

HTH
            Martyn

Originally posted by Greg_S
            I will have another check thru the handbook, the only thing i could find the other day was about being towed by another car. Unless there is details on the V5 about it.

Because it kinda of dictates what trailer I can tow since you cant generally tow a trailer witha MGW of more than the car.

Greg
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

got my new trailer ready to go at my dads now. should be picking it up next weekend
              Attached Files
              Greg

Comment

my dad was even nice enough to make brackets up for me to put my ladder truss onto and mount the ramps in the back doors.

cheers dad

Greg
                Attached Files
                Greg

Comment

Working...
                X