Fuel filler cap II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filler cap II

Part is numbered 191 201 553 A. Stealer says its obsolete and is having big problem trying to get Audi HQ to help.....

Can you parts gurus come up with the correct replacement please ?

I have like a whole tank here with filler cap, neck the works..... Want it?
    Chef

Comment

Thanks for your offer. Need the cap only. Payment could be the issue ( as it was with S2_Bo) as I do not have a Paypal account. If you could accept a cheque pls PM me and we can swap details. Cheers James.

Comment

The current part number is 1J0201550BF9B9. The same part that fits nearly every VAG vehicle. Retail price is £19.47 + VAT and there are 80 in stock at Dordon so even your (retarded) stealer could get you one next day.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by jameswkr View Post
            Thanks for your offer. Need the cap only. Payment could be the issue ( as it was with S2_Bo) as I do not have a Paypal account. If you could accept a cheque pls PM me and we can swap details. Cheers James.
            email me your address and u can have it foc. im going to the post office in a bit.
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

@ S2_bo pm sent - thanks. @ S2avant brilliant ! I 'phoned Stealer @ 09.00 and still awaiting a response.....

Comment

Update.

S2_Bo kindly sent me one FOC..he gets a pint ( or two ) if, and when we ever meet....

Having heard nothing from my local stealer after two days, I contacted them. When they finally ring back, I give them the info that S2Avant supplied
                ( many thanks again !! ). The young lady I originally spoke to is on holiday (!). The part number is "VW" and : " we would not be able to order that"
                (despite it being in stock at Dordon = Audi spares depot (?)). Parts guy finally says there's something awaiting collection... It turns out to be the fuel filler neck !

Words fail me. If my car had been off the road for this part, I would be up the wall by now...

Comment

Originally posted by jameswkr View Post
                  Having heard nothing from my local stealer after two days, I contacted them. When they finally ring back, I give them the info that S2Avant supplied
                  ( many thanks again !! ). The young lady I originally spoke to is on holiday (!). The part number is "VW" and : " we would not be able to order that"
                  (despite it being in stock at Dordon = Audi spares depot (?)). Parts guy finally says there's something awaiting collection... It turns out to be the fuel filler neck !
                  I've just contacted one of my Audi branches and it is true that at present the part number is 'brand inhibited' meaning that an Audi stealer can't order it.

Having said that it is not difficult to pick up a phone and call Audi Parts Support and get them to open the part number up for ordering. In fact I've just done it. It should be open for Audi dealers in the UK by 3.30pm today.

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

LMAO @ Audi. Ben you are a legend.

The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                    X