Good place for body repair..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good place for body repair..?

I'd just been looking at an A6 2.5 TDI Avant (for my wife) on a forecourt in Newmarket.. While attempting to reverse out, I smacked into a metal railing, craking my rear O/S tail light, damaging the bumper and denting the panel beneath the light..

Man I could have cried...

So now I need to find a place to pull the dent out or fill it up with filler and spray accordingly.

Anyone know of anywhere good in the South East..?
    1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
    Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Originally posted by JasonS
    I'd just been looking at an A6 2.5 TDI Avant (for my wife) on a forecourt in Newmarket.. While attempting to reverse out, I smacked into a metal railing, craking my rear O/S tail light, damaging the bumper and denting the panel beneath the light..

So now I need to find a place to pull the dent out or fill it up with filler and spray accordingly.

if you are willing to travel a little. Libra bodyshop in streatham, lundon. They have dealt with my 96 S2 whenever i have required them - they even do body repairs for Audi stealerships.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS

There are some very good 'mobile' people they trade under the name of dents away or similar. don't know how big the dent is but I have seen them get dents out and not need any paint repairs!

David

Comment

Nationwide Crash Repair Centres are all over the country, but I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.
        I've just got my car back from them after 15 days to paint one side of my car. They never return calls. They promise you that your car will be ready on Friday and then when you phone them at 4:30 to ask where it is they tell you it will be ready on Wednesday. Wednesday becomes Saturday and so on and so on.
        Be warned! Stay away from these people!
        ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I used Ridgeway VW in Wantage for my Insurance approved repair on my rear bumper and was VERY impressed with the results. Good service from what seemed like a family run type dealership....
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Jason how far away are you from North London?

There is a bodyshop round the corner from me who are absolutely brilliant - everyone recommends these guys. And they also did some work on one of my previous cars. I cant remember their name but if you're interested I'll get you their details.

Alps

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to try a mobile 'Paintless Dent Removal' chap to see if they could push it our from the inside.. But if they can't do it, I could get to North London fairly easily..
              1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
              Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

Working...
              X