Well lads I need advice here...badly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well lads I need advice here...badly!

I noticed today the bottom edge of the hood on my Coupe doesn't seem to align with the bottom of the headlites like it should. There are 2 spring loaded latches on either side of the main central one. Is it possible to tighten these down to make the hood shut tighter and there for closer to lining up? Will I have to also tighten up the cable release attachements too? I was told if you tighten the spring locks too much and not the cable attachments, you won't be able to open the damn hood!
    Any tips on how to do this properly?

You can adjust the height of the hood with the 2 bolts with a black plastic cover over them next to the latch. First undo the nut that locks/tightens it and then screw the bolt in to lower it, and screw out to make it sit higher.

HTH

Jeffry

Originally posted by panzerwagen
    I noticed today the bottom edge of the hood on my Coupe doesn't seem to align with the bottom of the headlites like it should. There are 2 spring loaded latches on either side of the main central one. Is it possible to tighten these down to make the hood shut tighter and there for closer to lining up? Will I have to also tighten up the cable release attachements too? I was told if you tighten the spring locks too much and not the cable attachments, you won't be able to open the damn hood!
    Any tips on how to do this properly?
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Comment

Jeffer, you are talking of the spring latches....

I thought so too but have been advised that if you screw them in too much the latches won't release anymore. How much do the cables have to be tightened up or losened to prevent this? not only that, I'm given too understand that the latches need to be offset in length to each other so that the damn hood will open properly! Is this true?

Comment

Working...
      X