Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got keyed!

Hey all,

Got up this morning to get out and get some nice food in so me and the better half can have a nice meal in tonight (no $ for this eating out business, at least we both agree about that!). Upon reversing the cab out of the garage i got out and closed the door and saw a cracking big scrape on the rear quarter, all the way over the petrol filler cap. Its well deep too, lots of powdery primer falling out of it.

Now I know this kind of nonsense happens, but to a 16 year old car thats only worth £1800?? Whomever did it must have nothing in their lives if thats an envy scrape!!!

I'm fumin to be honest, cause ive done loads of work and was about to post a load of pics of my progress (Ronal Boleros fresh back from the refurbers, OEM cab recaro interior refinished in BMW montana lightgelb (Its like a yellow/cream), new boge shocks all round, brand new eibach springs, new brakes all round, Becker stereo and MB quart amps and speakers all in OEM fittings.

The work Ive done is easily several times the cars value, Ive done most of it myself (incl a heater matrix in the cold, those pics are scary!!) and its horrible how one wee scumbag with a key almost makes me want to get rid of it now! itll wear off im sure but for now i'm ready to explode and have a size 10 and baseball bat with that guys name on it.

To be fair i work in a nightclub in Belfast, so i do expect a certain amount of nonsense out of the patrons at the end of the night. I park quite far away as a result but clearly not far enough!!

long live the girlfriends polo tdi, thats gonna be the work transport for the next while, at least till i calm down!!

sorry for the rant folks, had to get it off my chest. Pics to follow as soon as i locate a working camera!

D

****in scum

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Get in touch with your nearest detailer from Detailingworld and see what they can do. A good detailer can work wonders with scratches to either polish the worst of it out or even fill, sand and polish it out completely. Don't lose heart yet.

Cheers,

Steve
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Not good to read always a nightmare hope you manage to sort it before loosing interest

Comment

little b******s, maybe you'll find someone with the right skills to sort it out
          Shane

Comment

As it happens i am good friends with a couple of local guys who are quite handy on the detailing front and regularly post their work up on detailing world. I have seen them work wonders with some wetsanding and rotary polishing so i will be on it.

Its not all bad now that i've calmed a tad but its just the sentiment of such a thing. Would never dream of doing something as low myself and cant understand the mentality of some people!

Comment

I had my daily driver keyed a week ago. Little feckers, wish I could find them and stick my key where the sun don't shine
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

C*unts
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

just a quick pic taken with the phone earlier

Paintwork was excellent before this too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

the little ****. love to find em
                    84 URQ 20VT
                    95 avant 80 TDI
                    87 CQ

Comment

Barstewards!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Working...