Audi 90 rear panel fitment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 90 rear panel fitment??

Righto i finally tracked down an audi 90 reflective rear panel to fit to my 80 avant.
    Looked into swapping it and could obviously see that the handle to pull the tailgate had to be chopped down a fair bit, which i have done.
    Fitted the rear panel and the lock again but i struggled to get the tailgate to re-open, had a look inside and adjusted the rods to the latches to suit but however i set them i cant seem to release the tailgate, or if i do adjust them so i can i cant lock it then!

Sounds like a really simple mod, which it is in effect but i just wondered if anyone else had the same problem?
    Any guidance if i am missing something would be great, or if anyone has done a guide to doing this with photo's would be great?

Hi mate

There is a helping thread on here somewhere.........
    i found it was easier to sit inside the boot .with the tailgate trim off and have some one open and close tailgate and you adjust the linkages in turn to have correct function

There is a counter balance rod ..make sure its surcure in the handle that can cause a issues too

If my computer wasnt messing around so much i couldve found the thread.......... just try a SEARCH for a thread on the panel

Hope you get sorted quickly
    cheers
    john

Comment

Some info i posted on this mod...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=25
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

My how to

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40037

Comment

Ah ha great stuff, not sure you i couldn't locate this when using the search function though?
          Thankyou for the links and advice all, happy days!

Comment

Working...
          X