No announcement yet.

Windscreen Replacement Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm dreading getting mine out of the 90 now! It has to come out as the shell is going to be acid dipped.
    We use a guy locally who does lots of Truck screens as well as the usual cars and his work is tip top. After this thread, I'll be getting him out to remove it.

Paul.

Comment

just had autoglass out to fit my new one. another bodged job. i await a call from them.

strips at side of window on outside not flush anymore. glue on bonnet. a few tiny marks but nothing new on the scratches really. just the side bits im pissed off with

Comment

My Avant was done in 45 minutes and was a top notch job last month. Asked him about the Coupe and he said he's done them before and he makes sure it's the last job of his day or he books extra time as they are a b*tch!

Comment

just spoke to them.

they are sending a "technical expert" to inspect. but cant fix it for another week?

great.

Comment

looks like my one gave up though so decided that the top of the exterior sides between roof and bonnet wont fit properly so sealant will do!

Comment

I used to fit screens years ago and never had the pleasure of fitting one to the audis but i always heard there were siht to do. One of the biggest problems that we used to come accross was the NEW screens that we were given to fit, there were made inhouse (RAC-auto windscreens, now just called auto windscreens) ane were just crap, the top cornere were so out of shape an some screens were even the wrong sizes!!

If possable try and insist on a genuine screen.

Comment

Working...
              X