Door mirror replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door mirror replacement

Want to replace the mirrior on my 3B driver door.

How do I open the assembly to get into the works and remove the existing broken mirror ? Dont want to smash it more and have bits of glass everywhere, there must be a safer way

Anyone done this ?
    Red S2 Coupe 1992 3B. Bog standard - Ongoing resurrection after major leak fixing program, stripped out and replaced carpet underfelt. Lovely dry, fresh smelling car now Also repaired damaged wiring loom which killed Central locking unit(s).

just the glass or the whole housing?

if its the whole housing when its turned either in or out from normal position there is 2x allen key or torx screws underneath and it pulls upwards.

Glass last time I did one it popped off quite easily but I think there is a plastic ring that holds it on behind the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomS2 View Post
      Want to replace the mirrior on my 3B driver door.

How do I open the assembly to get into the works and remove the existing broken mirror ? Dont want to smash it more and have bits of glass everywhere, there must be a safer way

Anyone done this ?
      If you use the search function you'll find several posts on replacing the glass including a good one from Jas11n iirc.

John

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for replying.

I have the assembly removed from the car, I want to remove the mirror only.

I will check the instructions you have directed me to. Thanks for that. I did try to search before posting but came up with nothing helpful. Obviously I was using the wrong search terms.

Thanks again guys
        Red S2 Coupe 1992 3B. Bog standard - Ongoing resurrection after major leak fixing program, stripped out and replaced carpet underfelt. Lovely dry, fresh smelling car now Also repaired damaged wiring loom which killed Central locking unit(s).

Comment

Working...
        X