How is this removed ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this removed ??

has anyone removed this piece of trim, how do you remove it ?
    Attached Files

It may be a case of prising them off, as similar items on older Audis are just held in by pins which go into plastic grommets in the main body of the car. You have to be careful though as they are susceptible to bending, but can be bent back as long as they are not too out of shape.

Comment

If they are the same as the Coupe ones under the rear spoiler, they are just as described above. Metal pins that fit into a rubber grommet. I would wrap a cloth around a flat blade driver and try or better still a long length of dental floss folded over a few time and slipped underneath so that you can pull it up....

HTH
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by ian4455 View Post
        has anyone removed this piece of trim, how do you remove it ?
        I would **NOT** start prying the trim off until you know for sure that there isn't a speed nut holding it on from the inside. The RS2 D pillar trim uses a nut, for example:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks managed to remove it.

Comment

please write how...
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Removed the interior trim, there's a round hole where you can see the end of one of the push-in clips. Small punch on the end and a gentle tap with a small hammer from the inside of the car. This loosened the rear section of the trim, next clip you cannot gain access too from the inside so i used a 1/4" long extension to prise it on the outside of the car. Wrapped in tape so as not to damage the paintwork underneath the trim. Gentle push near to the clip and the trim came off unharmed.
              Last edited by ian4455; 27 June 2011, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by ian4455 View Post
                Removed the interior trim, there's a round hole where you can see the end of one of the push-in clips. Small punch on the end and a gentle tap with a small hammer. This loosened the rear section of the trim, next clip you cannot gain access too from the inside so i used a 1/4" long extension to prise it out. Wrapped in tape so as not to damage the paintwork underneath. Gentle push near to the clip and the trim came off unharmed.
                But all this was from the back side, not from the outside, right?
                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

post corrected, inside then from the outside.

Comment

Working...
                  X