Bumper Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Repairs

I've started preparing the S6 front bumper I bought a while back from Raymor and have found there are a few areas of stress cracks from parking bumps and star crazing from stone impacts. Am I correct in saying that I'll need to grind these out fully, repair with fibreglass putty and then top skim with bumper filler? Does the whole area need grinding out or just the crack chasing with a Dremel?

I've not done 'glass repairs before so I thought it best to check it out with the pros before I dive in and make a mess.

To keep this thread relevant to S2s I've got the same on my S2 rear bumper and I'll be fixing that later in the year.

Cheers

David
    1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
    1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
    1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

I do repairs with a heat gun, a plastic welding nozzle and ABS filler rods. Grind a groove where the crack is and fill the groove with ABS. Grind flat and fill if required. As strong as new then... requires a bit of practice and a heat gun capale of 350deg C...
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Is that sort of kit available and affordable for DIY repairs? I have a feeling the wifes hairdryer isn't going to give out enough heat.
      1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
      1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
      1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Comment

Look out for a Steinel HG 2310 LCD...that's what i'm trying.
        Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X