Aero wiper part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero wiper part numbers

There have been many comments for owners to swap out their stock S2 wiper arms for the lower profile/hidden VW aero wiper arms. However, NOBODY has posted any part numbers of which ones work and fit the best for this swap. WHat is more problematic is the fact that VW lists 3 part numbers ALONE for each side of a US Spec Passat! Now add in the LHD and RHD factor and now its 4 part numbers.

I have searched the forum and found cases where people have listed these for sale and then found they are NOT the correct units, or fail to fit properly.

So, I pose the question....

Does ANYONE have, could determine, or confirm the part numbers of the arms they have fitted to their Coupes?

Many Thanks!

You can fit the Bosch Aero wipers and save the wiper lottery... Quite a few combinations work and parts have gone NLA or taken a massive price hike due to popularity or rarity, hence why so many part numbers have been posted over the years.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
      You can fit the Bosch Aero wipers and save the wiper lottery... Quite a few combinations work and parts have gone NLA or taken a massive price hike due to popularity or rarity, hence why so many part numbers have been posted over the years.
      Do you have part numbers? Are these Bosch units just wiper blades or arm/blade combinations?

Comment

Originally posted by AudiCoupeParts View Post
        Do you have part numbers? Are these Bosch units just wiper blades or arm/blade combinations?
        Heres partnumbers for Limo and Avant, dunno about coupe.
        Cheers, Torben
        '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

You need to register to see the partnumbers.

Could you copy/paste them here?

Comment

Forget the flimsy VW ones, use the proper Audi ones off the C5 A6.
            they look the dogs knackers but more important they actually work much better at speed.
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ht=aero+wipers
            Pics stolen from Skull's thread

p/n for the LHD conversion kit is 4B1 998 401 which contains 2 x aero arms, 2 x aero blades, 2 x caps, 2 x M8 nuts

NB - There is no conversion kit listed for RHD cars AFAIK.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

that part number doesnt appear on any of the sites i use to buy oem parts...

Comment

well its from Kate and you can find the kit on ebay.de
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  well its from Kate and you can find the kit on ebay.de

I contacted the German Ebay seller in the link posted by Error404. They will NOT ship to the United States because of the special pricing is only for the European market, and they are monitored by VW and Audi.

She did however say that they would be happy to ship the kit to anyone friend of mine in Europe.

the kit looks aweome!

Comment

Joe I can reship it you you in the US if you need to
                    But I would think you will be able to order the arms and blades separately in the US more cheaply than paying 2 x shipping costs?
                    I just sent a similar package to the US and it cost over $30
                    Have you tried your local Audi or VW dealer?
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Joe I can reship it you you in the US if you need to
                      But I would think you will be able to order the arms and blades separately in the US more cheaply than paying 2 x shipping costs?
                      I just sent a similar package to the US and it cost over $30
                      Have you tried your local Audi or VW dealer?
                      Hi.

I did check here in the USA market using the individual part number listed on the Ebay listing. The master kit part number IS NOT available here in the US as Ruffiano posted earlier.

The one drivers side arm retails for $68! I can buy them for $51 each

The whole kit with shipping from you would be way cheaper than buying from the Stealerships here in the USA!

Comment

it would make sense then to get a few buyers together then to save on shipping mate
                        I will ask my parts guy for a price, I get decent discount at my local dealer
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by AudiCoupeParts View Post

Hi.

I did check here in the USA market using the individual part number listed on the Ebay listing. The master kit part number IS NOT available here in the US as Ruffiano posted earlier.

The one drivers side arm retails for $68! I can buy them for $51 each

The whole kit with shipping from you would be way cheaper than buying from the Stealerships here in the USA!

I just received an Email from the german seller. up to a 5 kg box is 16.90 euros. I would guess a few of those sets could be shipped for for little money to the UK.

Comment

I can get the kit from my dealer for £64.27 so about $100 give or take
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I can get the kit from my dealer for £64.27 so about $100 give or take
                              About $88 from Germany to the UK for one set. or about 56 gbp

Comment

Working...
                              X