Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear windscreen remove / replace

Good afternoon gents,

I am having my S2 resprayed a windows out job, the company who are doing it just phoned and said that if they remove the rear windscreen then they can not refit the old one they have to fit a new one because the new one comes with special seals from the factory.

Is this true? must you repace it with new once it has been removed or can you used the old one.

Thanks

orsum

Quite likely, AFAIK the rear window is specially bonded in and is an integral part of the rear hatch.

I am sure others will be along to confirm soon.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

You can reuse it no questions asked.

But getting it out in one pice is the chanllage
      Chef

Comment

rear windscreen

Getting the old one out is not an issue the one I have has a few scratches and it is not going to go back in, I am trying to get a much better used rear windscreen from the Parts for sale section, so basically if I can get a used rear windscreen in good condition all that is required is glue it back into place with an approved sealer.

orsum

Comment

Avant or Coupe? I did it with ease, with new OEM trims on my Avant.

Comment

There was me assuming it was a coupe! You know what assuming does.....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

rear glass

Its a coupe

orsum

So can it be done???

Comment

Working...
              X