Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHERE is the Remote Positive Pole in urS6 Engine bay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHERE is the Remote Positive Pole in urS6 Engine bay???

Hey guys.
    I've had my urS6 for over 15 years now, and i've only JUST found out about the topic post!

The handbook says there is a Remote Positive Pole/Post with a rubber sleeve and cap located near the offside rear of the Engine Bay.
    Used for jump starting (to or from the vehicle), so one doesn't have to keep removing the rear bench seat.

It definitely isn't there!!!
    Anyone know where it is?

Cheers.

Not all vehicles were fitted with the remote post in the engine bay which is a PITA, even though the owner's manual shows it. Neither of my two audis have them.
    If you just want to trickle charge it is possible to reach the B+ terminal on the back of the alternator. Otherwise it's take the back seat base out.

Comment

ahhh! ok thanks 5cm

Comment

Originally posted by LunarWolf View Post
        Hey guys. I've had my urS6 for over 15 years now, and i've only JUST found out about the topic post! The handbook says there is a Remote Positive Pole/Post with a rubber sleeve and cap located near the offside rear of the Engine Bay. Used for jump starting (to or from the vehicle), so one doesn't have to keep removing the rear bench seat. It definitely isn't there!!! Anyone know where it is? Cheers.
        Your post is *much* easier to read with out the fancy blue on black font.

The remote + post is on the edge of the "water box" cowl. It is items 8 and 9 in this diagram:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Is this better?

LoL
          Thanks Mate!
          I'll check it out tomorrow.....
          again! LoL

Edit:
          Just noticed that's the illustration for the LHD. Mine's RHD, but i presume it will be the same just on the other side of the bay?
          As you say, I'll check by the water housing.
          Mitch

Comment

Just noticed that's the illustration for the LHD. Mine's RHD, but i presume it will be the same just on the other side of the bay? As you say, I'll check by the water housing. Mitch
            There is no RHD diagram and since I am on the LHD side of the pond, all I can give you is this additional hint:

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
              There is no RHD diagram and since I am on the LHD side of the pond, all I can give you is this additional hint:

Still can't find it!!!

Comment

I can't see it either (perhaps the RHD cars didn't get it). What is that "lump" in the rain tray, just behind the hood (oops, bonnet) strut rod in the photo?

Dave F.

Comment

Got a bit of an update.
                  Just received this by pm from a fellow member....
                  Remote positve poles are never fitted to any RHD as that section of the loom is missing. Bulk head looms LHD Vs RHD are always different post mid /early 80's.
                  In one of the early handbooks for a C3 100 or 200 it shows the std engine layout and then astirix's a couple of features that are LHD only this astrix seems to be mising in the V8 and later C4 100/A6 models handbooks. Just buy an anderson conncetion and some battery cable and make your own up fixing the end by the tow hook in the bumper.
                  Don't know why i didn't think of doing that before!!!! LoL

Lump, Dave??? uhoh... i hope it's not Cancer!
                  i don't know which lump you are talking about behind the hood strut??? (sorry, i'm a dumbass this morning!)

Comment

Lump, Dave??? uhoh... i hope it's not Cancer!
                    i don't know which lump you are talking about behind the hood strut??? (sorry, i'm a dumbass this morning!)
                    This one:

Comment

Ah! THAT lump! LoL
                      No idea! I can't remember!
                      I shall investigate tomorrow, and edit this here post!

Comment

Working...
                      X