Whirr, Hmmmmm, WHIRRRRR, oh blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirr, Hmmmmm, WHIRRRRR, oh blast

The first whirr is the rear motor washer spinning as I finally get the switch unit to make contact.
    The Hmmmmm is when no screen wash came cascading down the back window.
    The second WHIRRRRR is a second attempt.
    The oh blast is finding that nothing came down the window because the pipe from the rear washer fluid bottle has come off and I now have a somewhat damp right inside corner in the boot.

Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Originally posted by curlyks2
    The first whirr is the rear motor washer spinning as I finally get the switch unit to make contact.
    The oh blast is finding that nothing came down the window because the pipe from the rear washer fluid bottle has come off and I now have a somewhat damp right inside corner in the boot.

Ck.
    My bidet (rear wash wipe ) is not working. Any tips to get the pump to whirrr??

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

@Steve, yep, a quick blast of WD-40 into the stalk contacts

David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
        @Steve, yep, a quick blast of WD-40 into the stalk contacts

David
        And there I was thinking I was going to have to do something really technical
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Daft design or what. Had exactly the same problem last year and ended up with decidely damp carpet in the boot itself and on the carpeted section of the tailgate. Cable ties are wonderful things though LOL.

The pipe that runs across the bonnet is nearly as bad and has disconnected itself a couple of time. But at least that's easy to fix.

Originally posted by curlyks2

Ck.

Comment

i might have a technical one for you.

turn on the rear wiper, wiper moves and sometimes comes back slowly in steps, then it just carries on, even though the switch is in the off position, it will only stop if i turn off the ignition and back on again, stuck relay?!?
            Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

btw, unlucky curlyks2
              Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Originally posted by s2_southwest
                btw, unlucky curlyks2
                Strip of the plastic trim on the boot lid remove the metal plate over the wipermotor mec, repack with grease. should cure the judder/ stepping.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                  Strip of the plastic trim on the boot lid remove the metal plate over the wipermotor mec, repack with grease. should cure the judder/ stepping.
                  cheers jay, i'll give that a go

Comment

btw, unlucky curlyks2
                    Thanks Seems to be drying out now, although all that extra water vapour in the car isn't helping with the condensation situation after it's been stuck in the cold all day.

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                    My bidet (rear wash wipe ) is not working.
                    Definitely a bidet if the pipe comes off, coz then the damn thing just squirts upwards

Ck.
                    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

i might have a technical one for you.

turn on the rear wiper, wiper moves and sometimes comes back slowly in steps, then it just carries on, even though the switch is in the off position, it will only stop if i turn off the ignition and back on again, stuck relay?!?
                      The relay is trigger type on/off on each short switch triggering. Longer one uses the washer continously and after this the relay will leave in off mode.

If the wiper moves in steps then the wiper motor unit needs cleaning as there are internal connections to pass current when the wiper is moving. When the wiper is in its "stand by" position these connections are not used and when the relay wants the wiper to turn it gives a brief pulse and after this the internal connections give the votage. Got it?
                      -

Comment

Working...
                      X