Bonnet stuck closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet stuck closed

Was stripping the 80 yesterday now when I went out to take a few pics the bonnet is stuck headlights and grill is out so I have access but it's pissin down don't want to stay out too long messing. When I pull the bonnet release cable the passenger side pops up but the driver side stays stick down like glue. Any ideas?
    Cheers Guys.

you could look for the cable and pull it from left to right with some pliers? or if you can see the lever pull it with your fingers?

I had to use a welding rod with a hook on it to do my passenger side one when it happened to me, this was with the lights and grill still in place

your cable might need adjusting or your bonnet pins?

Comment

Originally posted by HORCH View Post
      you could look for the cable and pull it from left to right with some pliers? or if you can see the lever pull it with your fingers?

I had to use a welding rod with a hook on it to do my passenger side one when it happened to me, this was with the lights and grill still in place

your cable might need adjusting or your bonnet pins?
      I can and have pulled the cable through the hole where the headlight was but still no joy the passenger side pops up but drivers side is well an truly stuck or at least that's how it seems. Will have another go at it if this rain ever calms down.
      Cheers
      Aaron

Comment

Hi,

I have had this too, it could be that the cable has been trapped when putting the slam panels back. You can reach the clips with a ling thin pliers thru the grill but if the headlight is out it would be a lot easier..

Good luck

P

Comment

Use a screw driver and flick the catch across the cable pulls on...you should be able to see it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
          1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

How the a typical Audi Hood/Bonnet release works

and how to solve the problem. This might help (follow the links inside as well):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/41331.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks a lot guys looks like its going to be fun should be too hard considering all the bits are already out of the way will let you know how I get on once the rain stops seems likes it's getting worse every minute.

EDIT: All done thanks for the help guys it was pretty easy once I knew what I was doing
              Last edited by FeaRThiS; 9 July 2012, 09:20.

Comment

Working...
              X