Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My molding idea: :-) I think it might work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My molding idea: :-) I think it might work!

I had this idea for a while. But I refused to take apart my freshly painted coupe quattro. Since I bought another car it's all game. Anything goes and I will try many things to find the "look" and the "solutions" I want to put this coupe on the road. I am not the biggest fan of the stupid rubber/plastic trim.

With a bit of work and some fiberglassing or bondo.. I might be a happy camper.

Cheers
    Josh

Just call me the MAD Scientist.
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Josh that's a cool idea! I myself do not like the rubber mouldings on our cars either however have you given thought to trying RS2 lower mouldings as an option to test? good luck
    Originally posted by Josh-stateside

I had this idea for a while. But I refused to take apart my freshly painted coupe quattro. Since I bought another car it's all game. Anything goes and I will try many things to find the "look" and the "solutions" I want to put this coupe on the road. I am not the biggest fan of the stupid rubber/plastic trim.

Cheers
    Josh

Cheers mis amigos,
    _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe
      Josh that's a cool idea! I myself do not like the rubber mouldings on our cars either however have you given thought to trying RS2 lower mouldings as an option to test? good luck
      Well the whole pt to using these molding strips is because It's a cheap option. I would cut and work them to fit and then have fiber glass copies made if there was enough interest.

I am not the biggest fan of getting parts from europe anymore. On a limited basis I will, but not alot.

Cheers
      Josh
      I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Well sounds like an interesting project... I'll keep track of your progress, unless I find some used rs2 lower trims and do some hacking myself. Are the Brocks still for sale? If they're still available mid-next year I will buzz ya!
        Cheers mis amigos,
        _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by Josh-stateside

Cheers
          Josh

I like the idea but wonder if the rubber 'seals' have any other use than to stop water ' blowing' into the car when at speed. A better option is needed. Good luck with your project.

David

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe
            Well sounds like an interesting project... I'll keep track of your progress, unless I find some used rs2 lower trims and do some hacking myself. Are the Brocks still for sale? If they're still available mid-next year I will buzz ya!
            I am going to pull the fenders or make new ones on this coupe to use them.

Cheers
            Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
              I like the idea but wonder if the rubber 'seals' have any other use than to stop water ' blowing' into the car when at speed. A better option is needed. Good luck with your project.

David
              I am confused what are you talking about david?

Thanks
              Josh

Comment

Working...
              X