Looking for USA style Red rear clusters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for USA style Red rear clusters

Not content with the slightly orange corners on my rear clusters, I'm ever considering getting a set of these. I've heard they are standard issue on the USA models? Any friends across the pond confirm this?

I remember this post floating around a while back.

What are the legal issues arising if I was running them in the UK, I'd imagine aslong as they were swapped before the MOT then nothing would come about. I sure PC plod wouldnt be able to tell the difference...?!?

Any thoughts, comments, experience, sets for sale?

P.S. - whoever's car this is its a beauty!!

Cheers
    Rosco
    Attached Files

I beleive they are available from vagparts - I enquired once myself. Don't think they are legal in this country - but I'm interested also

Comment

Just use amber led bulbs in the indicators (with a resistor to keep the autocheck working) and it will pass an MOT.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

did you fit them to yours in the end doug?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

yes - and they flash amber

Comment

cool, does look better than the standard ones, would still like some treser ones but they are quite expensive
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
              cool, does look better than the standard ones, would still like some treser ones but they are quite expensive
              Yes sir! they are standard on 1990-91 North American Coupes. I am almost positive you can find a set used in the States... If you do not know any of the local used euro parts sellers I can check around for ya.

I haven't found the perfect coupe as yet but I am looking for a black/black-plus the Tresers are eagerly waiting for it.. On a side note I wouldn't run them all year round as to preserve them. :mischeif:

I'll send a few emails out and see if I come up with anything.

P.S I think that car belongs to a fellow AW member by the name of Chick Wells.. He has a full Abt kitted Coupe with RS2 rear center piece to which matches superbly to the US Clusters
              Cheers mis amigos,
              _Anton

Comment

Oi ! The RS centre piece doesn't fit so well........

Anyway, you might be able to swap yours for US ones. There may be some guys here that would want the euro taillights. You can ask at the email list
                here or here

Comment

cheers, will have a little bit of a read thru and see what i can find.
                  Greg

Comment

Red Lenses

Originally posted by RoscoS2
                    Not content with the slightly orange corners on my rear clusters, I'm ever considering getting a set of these. I've heard they are standard issue on the USA models? Any friends across the pond confirm this?

What are the legal issues arising if I was running them in the UK, I'd imagine aslong as they were swapped before the MOT then nothing would come about. I sure PC plod wouldnt be able to tell the difference...?!?

Cheers
                    Rosco
                    The world is a funny place. The red lenses are standard on US vehicles & there are many here in the states that would swap for the amber lenses in a New York minute! I would consider it myself if the lens on my coupe were not cracked around the lock cylinder. On older Porsches that was a common upgrade to swap to the "European" taillight lenses
                    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Cheers
                      Rosco
                      yes those are standard on the u.s models. i would be able to get you a nice set, in exchange for you to get me a s2 front bumper. i am in the u.s......

Comment

Does anyone know the cost of the lenses?

Comment

Didnt get a chance to contact VAG parts regarding price, off the top of your head anyone know? Martyn?

However currently speaking to someone in the US about exchange, Tech48 you are right, they seem to want them in the US to give their cars the european look...

Comment

£67.02+vat each from vagparts - this was a while ago..

Comment

There should be no problem to order them throuh your local audi spare part salesman...

895945217A
                              895945218A

Doug_RS2: Could you clarify what you meant about the amber flash for a lost swede...? =)

Cheers
                              Rosco
                              /NEO - I have a sexual thing for big brakes.
                              www.irry.com | Irry got a face lift!
                              #nordicaudi @ irc.nordicaudi.com

Comment

Working...
                              X