Touch Up Paint Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Up Paint Application

So my rims seem to have one or two minor dinks I want to get fixed so I've bought myself some touch up paint from a uk porsche website.

How should I go about applying the paint in order to get it flush with the rest of the rim?
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

You can build up the layers so that it's just proud of the surface. You may want to do one or two coats of the base colour and top it up with lacquer. Then you can sand it back with some 2000-3000 grit wet and dry so that it is flush with the surface. You should then be able to polish out the sanding marks but you'll probably want a machine polisher for this.
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
      You can build up the layers so that it's just proud of the surface. You may want to do one or two coats of the base colour and top it up with lacquer. Then you can sand it back with some 2000-3000 grit wet and dry so that it is flush with the surface. You should then be able to polish out the sanding marks but you'll probably want a machine polisher for this.
      Kind of what I was going for. Glad I'm on the right track.

2000 grit sanding marks aren't too difficult to remove though so I think I could get it done by hand. Just need the paint to arrive then and can get cracking
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
      X