Heated windscreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated windscreens

Do these suffer any cracks if you go from a frosted early morning to press the heated button to get rid of it? I suppose not, but is there any do's and dont's in these cases?

Thanks

sent with Nokia 5110

The main issue whe you ingineer a rear windows or a heated mirror or a heatead windscreen is the cracking . So you need to gradually increase the head so that the mirror to remains intact. With the windscreen is the same thing.
    Last edited by ManiacuV6; 24 November 2012, 20:25.
    Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
    AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

I've noticed recently mine seems to turn itself off after a little, or maybe that's just me not realising I turned it off myself
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

If you speak about the mirrors i know that is impossible to be turned off automatically looking at the wiring diagram.
        Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
        AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

The rear window demister is on a 10 minute timer on later cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
            The rear window demister is on a 10 minute timer on later cars.
            Didn't know that, cheers
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              Do these suffer any cracks if you go from a frosted early morning to press the heated button to get rid of it? I suppose not, but is there any do's and dont's in these cases?

Thanks

sent with Nokia 5110
              I would not imagine so, have you ever heard of any issues with the rear?
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                Didn't know that, cheers
                If you look at the switch for the rear heated window there is a early and a late version.

Early one is short and looks like the foglight switches in terms of depth.
                Late one's are longer as they house a relay to switch it off after a while - your car should have one of these going by the year.

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                  I would not imagine so, have you ever heard of any issues with the rear?
                  No. Never heard anything about the rear. The front ones are slightly different. More lines but thinner within the glass and have no experience as to how fast they heat up. That's why I was wondering. My brother has a focus st with heated windscreen but in Greece you barely ever get frost. He mainly uses it as a de-mister

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

The ford boys have them on a lot of cars ranging from xr3i's to cosworths and use them in all weather. I have had a few xr3i's with them fitted and they've been fine. Only thing that killed one of mine was a big stone chip.

Comment

thats reassuring!
                      thanks

Comment

Sorry to asq here...there are heated windscreens for the Urquattro?
                        Thank You!

Comment

ur heated FRONT windscreen

i did have a heated screen for my ur quattro but we broke it , im thinking of getting a new one , maybe we can get a list togather for a better price, anyone else want one ?

Comment

p.m

if so pm me

Comment

How you getting on with this Vas?
                              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X