• Show
Clear All

• s2 bumpers on a saloon

Guys

a quick question for those in the know.

which s2 bumpers for a b3 saloon.

do they fit straight on?

cheers

Front yes, rear no. Rear is pretty different but you might get away with an avant rear one and make it fit.

Comment

so is it coupe for the front.

take it rear saloon s2 bumpers are rocking horse poo.

Comment

use an avant rear

Comment

so its coupe front and avant rear?

how about the bits under the b4 bonnet. to fit one of those. I have a b4 bonnet.

basically I want an s2 front end to fit the s2 bits in. well wagner bits when the time comes but I want a matching **** end

to elaborate I want to fit the wagner x member and IC and my modded s2 bonnet to clear the throttle.

Comment

S2 coupe or avant front bumper will fit a B3 saloon. (with wings (coupe and avant are different btw)). Also arch centre is different b3-b4

Neither an S2 coupe or avant rear bumper is direct fit on a B3 rear, coupe is to short, avant might fit with mods. Also the arch flair does not match.

S2 avant/saloon use the same rear bumper.
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

cheers

thought the arches were flatter but couldn't quite remember.

not quite such an easy mod job then. the front id the most important to me. ive seen a couple with stock rears that look ok still.

Comment

[URL="http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/album.php?albumid=44636&pictureid=49440&gnr_tab=0& ref=gnr-prev"]

these are flat wings. well fitted.

Comment

lol usual it manager broken links lol

Comment

B3 and B4 front wings are different width so bumper will not fit unless wings of the proper sort are also installed. B4 wings are as wide as in coupe and cabriolet so the coupe/cabrio/B4 bumpers are intechangeable. The difference is in the side trim behind the arch.

B4 and coupe cars have slightly more caster angle = wheels are more front than in B3 sedans. The difference is in lower ball joint and it's around 1cm or so. Also wheel hubs are different which results a difference in track width.

Rear is pretty much more complicated what ever you choose to do. The arch is shorter and considerably narrower in B3 sedan than in B4.

Here are some project pics of my friend's build. He fabricated wider rear arches and used S2 avant bumper. Avant bumper = sedan bumper.
                    oldest pics in the bottom
                    http://pasin.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Audi+90+...ti/Korihommia/
                    -

Comment

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/a...0&ref=gnr-next

all s2 front bumpers will stick out on b3 saloon's where they meet the wings without work

Comment

Best is to just get a B4 saloon if you got project plans me thinks?

Comment

not really an option. b4 are rare and body condition on examples ive seen aint great. good picks porkis.

so potentially 2 front wings, bonnet and bumper are best option on the front? or modded bumper.

rear are we saying the s2 track is too wide for the b3?

bear in mind my parts are from a coupe. (running gear etc)

I think ill look at working an s2 bumper for the front and not worry about the rear too much.

Comment

you could always go "frankenstein" haha wasnt happy with the s2 front bumper on mine as the top is painted rather than the textured black like the original, and to get a big intercooler in i needed the space at the bottom. so a grinder/knackered s2 bumper and some rivets later heres what happened lol

Comment

This is mine, I fabricated the original bumper corners to my s2 bumper because I wanted to keep the arches the same, I have a build thread on it
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X