Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone good at fitting windscreens on a coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good at fitting windscreens on a coupe?

As title. Need someone who can do this job properly and have it line up right and carry out the paintwork repairs too after a botched job by autowindscreens.
    Will travel for a proper job!

Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Maybe quattro Coachworks?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

one guy at Oldham autoglass.

the coupe windows a nightmare. MAKE SURE YOU GET AUDI GLASS AND NOT AUTOGLASS. its a different shape and doesn't meet properly.

don't use normal autoglass peeps. not a clue. I had 2 regional "expert"fitters one from south pone from north. both failed. car went into autoglass for 2 weeks then one of the older guys happened to mention he'd done a few. hey presto a fitted window.

Comment

Btdt. Very true...pilkingtons dont fit. Pilkington audi glass does and is in just p155 poor fitted with a gap between back of dash and scratches to the paint and damage to the external rubber trim and the wiper arms and the a post trim chewed...and the drivers side arm rubs the glass. unreal level of carelessness.
        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

think its that really they need to be in the shop be done. the fitter is usually on a time slot. no excuse just the reasoning I was given.

the window needs the minimum of glue to make the bits all go back properly.

id say the only way to be happy with it is DIY. having said that the damage may well be done. the clip in bois on the side of the window being lined up are tell tale of a well fitted windows

Comment

Windscreen

Hi Quattrofever where abouts you live as I've just had mine fitted by a friend would recommend

Comment

I'm in london. Is he a registered company/glass fitter? Autowindscreens are picking up the bill but need an estimate.

Quattro coachworks did respond but have gone quiet after I explained the probs. Tbh ppl run a mile. No one wants to touch an insurance job. Not worth the hassle I guess? But would have thought it was easy-ish money for any bodyshop.

The wiper arm rubs the glass because the screen isn't fitted far in enough into the recess also meaning the scuttle trims wont tuck under the lower windscreen trims and there is a massive gap between the dashboard and screen.

The drivers a post trim peice is chewed at the top from a pry bar and the wiper arms are scratched to sheet where they attacked the nut covers with a screwdriver in anger.

Not a happy man about the situation and even more distressed I can't seem to find anyone able to do the job and put it all right. Actually contemplating taking it back to them
              Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

[QUOTE=QuattroFever;720394]I'm in london. Is he a registered company/glass fitter? Autowindscreens are picking up the bill but need an estimate.

Quattro coachworks did respond but have gone quiet after I explained the probs. Tbh ppl run a mile. No one wants to touch an insurance job. Not worth the hassle I guess? But would have thought it was easy-ish money for any bodyshop.

The wiper arm rubs the glass because the screen isn't fitted far in enough into the recess also meaning the scuttle trims wont tuck under the lower windscreen trims and there is a massive gap between the dashboard and screen.

The drivers a post trim peice is chewed at the top from a pry bar and the wiper arms are scratched to sheet where they attacked the nut covers with a screwdriver in anger.

Not a happy man about the situation and even more distressed I can't seem to find anyone able to do the job and put it all right. Actually contemplating taking it back to them [/

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply - I have just pm'd you regarding this. I don't manage to get on the computer a lot whilst at work. I am more than happy to take your car on, as per the pm I just sent you - I just need all the facts. Look forward to hearing from you. Ish
                '83 URQ - Full 20V Conversion - Pearl White
                '85 URQ - 20V Conversion - White
                '88 URQ - Nile Green - SOLD
                '95 RS2 - Ragussa Green
                '95 S2/RS2 Coupe - Blue
                '00 B5 RS4 - White - SOLD
                '01 B5 RS4 - Black

Comment

Just do without the windscreen and wear a crash helmet

Comment

Working...
                  X