S6 Roof Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 Roof Bars

I'm looking for a pair of roofbars for the S6, but not many people seem to sell them any more (not surprising given it's coming up for 15 years since they stopped making the car!).

There are a lot of A6 roofbars on eBay for later models though. Does anyone know whether any of the later roofbars fit the C4 S6?

Cheers,
    Tom

Do you have roof rails?
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by urS6Tom View Post
      I'm looking for a pair of roofbars for the S6, but not many people seem to sell them any more (not surprising given it's coming up for 15 years since they stopped making the car!).
      Tom: If you are not too proud and only need them to haul large items from the home improvement centre to your home, you can build your own roofbars very inexpensively. They work a treat for hauling sheets of plywood, wall board, lumber, etc. They are noisy on the motorway above 60 mph.

My DIY: http://forums.quattroworld.com/a6100/msgs/25391.phtml

The final product:

First use (landscape lumber ties/sleepers)

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I have a Thule set, I must check the Part Numbers, I bought then a few years ago but were easy to get.

Ivan

Comment

There were some genuine c4 roof bars that went on ebay a few weeks back - for about 2 pounds.

I know that doesn't help much..

Comment

Thule still list kits eg for a 100

Avant with roof rails
            757 system
            761 square bars

saloon;
            761 bars (square bar, aero etc options available)
            754 system
            1002 foot kit

Obviously confirm your own fitment.

I am using my parents thule roofbars from the 90s that was originally for a 92 urs4, 80tdi and then other footpacks have been bought for various cars, still working perfectly.
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I know that Thule bars which work on a C4 Avant also work on a C5 Avant.. so following that logic I'm going to assume the Audi C5 Avant roof bars (4B9 071 151 666 - of which there are a couple of pairs on eBay) will fit my C4 S6.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
              X