Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe deadlock?

Do coupes have a deadlock function?

I suspect not, having said that a local breakers yard has a coupe with the driver door smashed and the door wouldn't open by pulling the interior or exterior handles or pulling the button up with a pair of pliers.

The only way I could open the door was by removing the interior door trigger and then cutting out a panel toward the rear in order to expose part of the locking mech.

I would have thought the window was smashed in an attempt to open the locked door rather than the door deadlocking after the windows was broken.

So lets says the door latch mech fails and locks you out, is there an alternative method to unlock the door without destroying the door card or anything else?

Please share your thoughts and experiences Gentlemen.

Anyone?

Comment

Not aware of a deadlock on the coupe - a broken lock could be a probable explanation though
      Audi S2 Coupe 1995
      VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
      VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
      Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Yes, I agree, I'm pretty sure that something internal to the latch must have failed like a spring for example.

I'd still be interested to hear if anyone has found a way to unlock a door with a failed latch without resorting to invasive surgery to the door card panel. Someone must have encountered this particular problem before surely?

Comment

Working...
        X