Leaking S6 - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking S6 - help!

Got the S6 stripped out at the moment as I'm replacing the interior, installing some audio stuff and adding a few bits. Went on holiday for a couple of weeks, left the car covered and came back to find water in the bottom of the driver's door and also on the floor on the driver's side

There is an area in the corner of the drivers door exterior rubber trim where it doesn't quite meet the frame (see last picture). Not sure whether the car cover would have made a difference when it rained. Any thoughts? Got to solve this one before I start putting it back together!
    Attached Files

... and how come my photos sometimes upload upside down?!

Comment

The doors and door windows are not designed to be water proof. They, with the door cards, are designed to manage the rain that enters the door. The holes in the bottom of the door let the water out. The C4 door cards are plastic and one of their purposes is to keep the rain out of the interior.

All that said, I would be concerned that the cowl drain in the scuttle (aka "water box") under the bonnet is clogged with leaves etc and water is making its way into the cabin as a result of the back-up.

Here is a post about this (hold it up to a mirror to get the RHD version ):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/92899.phtml
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        The doors and door windows are not designed to be water proof. They, with the door cards, are designed to manage the rain that enters the door. The holes in the bottom of the door let the water out. The C4 door cards are plastic and one of their purposes is to keep the rain out of the interior.

All that said, I would be concerned that the cowl drain in the scuttle (aka "water box") under the bonnet is clogged with leaves etc and water is making its way into the cabin as a result of the back-up.

Here is a post about this (hold it up to a mirror to get the RHD version ):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/92899.phtml
        Ah, that's a relief. Thanks very much. I now understand why you shouldn't put audio filters/crossovers in the doors!

I'll check the scuttle, but there's no water on the ECU side of the car.

Is there anything I can do about the 'hole' caused by the window rubber not sealing properly at the top left corner of the driver's door (in the upside down photo)?

Cheers,
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X