pu tiger seal rear lights anybody done this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pu tiger seal rear lights anybody done this

i am trying to get my car water tight stripped out i will have enough of an issue with condensation so rain water is not a welcome addition, as i now only have an electric fan heater for the screen.

The only thing I have used which has been successful over the longest period was to seal the back lights in with genuine "Dum Dum" do a search on the net for the stuff.
    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Yep
      Use genuine stuff. If you use tiger seal lights will never come off in one piece!
      Danny
      www.dnaautocare.co.uk

Comment

If you use sealant, don't expect to get them out again without damaging the paint. As Tonks says, the correct sealing cord is what you want.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Tiger seal is complete over kill for that job, if you don't get them sealed the first time you won't get another chance using that stuff. As the other guys say use the proper sealant.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Could use windscreen adhesive?
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Again windscreen sealant would be permanent, so no room for errors and if you ever wanted to change a damaged light expect to get angry. Their hard enough to get out when the correct sealant been used.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I've used roof sealant for garages. Semi flexible, can be piped in with a gun and easy to remove but remains water tight-non shrink too

Comment

I've got 2.5m of the proper sealing cord, which will be plenty to do a set of back lights. Audi only do it in 10m boxes which is really annoying. It's £10 delivered, drop me a PM if you're interested.

Comment

You can get rolls of butyl tape on ebay cheaply.

I would not use tiger seal if you ever want to take them off.
                    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                    X