Rear s2 badge location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear s2 badge location

Can some one tell me where the s2 badge goes please as mine didn't come with one fitted on boot. I've looked at pictures and some have them on left and some have them on right

It depends on the model.

On the ABY(6 speed) it's on the left, and on a 3B(5 speed) it's on the right
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Mines on the left, think it depends if you drive on the right side of the road or not. I've seen badges on both sides just decided I liked mine on the left You could always leave it off and catch people out who think it's a stndard Coupe'

Comment

Personally prefer it on the left regardless.
        Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
          Can some one tell me where the s2 badge goes please as mine didn't come with one fitted on boot. I've looked at pictures and some have them on left and some have them on right
          I have a 3B S2 brochure in my hand from 8/92. The rear badge is on the left side of the hatch, about the width of the badge from the left edge of the hatch and slightly more than the width of one of the silver badge bars from the bottom lip of the hatch.

Attached Files
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks everyone for that

Comment

I spotted the difference at AITP5...3b = badge on right & ABY = badge on left. Never noticed it before but when all the S2's were lined up worked out the difference

Nimz - Pearlescent white 1992 S2
              Nimz - White S2

Comment

Originally posted by Nimz View Post
                I spotted the difference at AITP5...3b = badge on right & ABY = badge on left. Never noticed it before but when all the S2's were lined up worked out the difference
                I bet it is more early S2 = right, later S2 = left. Even the later 3Bs. (maybe)

92 UrS4s were right. 93s and later were left.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  I bet it is more early S2 = right, later S2 = left. Even the later 3Bs. (maybe) 92 UrS4s were right. 93s and later were left.
                  Just checked a Jan 91 magazine with an S2 article. Badge was on the right.

Now the trick is to determine whether the change to the left was before the ABYs or not. Like I said, the S2 brouchure from 8/92 shows it on the left and mentions the 220 DIN hp engine (= 3B).

UPDATE: The first ABY engines were built in March 1993 so it is conceivable that the early 1993 model year S2s with the 3B engines had the badge on the left.

Comment

That's not right. ABY cars were available from November 1992.

Early 3B cars had the Audi badge on the left and the S2 badge on the right.

The Audi badge got dropped after 1991. S2 badge shifted to the left
                    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

My 3b has the Audi badge on the right and the S2 badge on the right (MY92 3B)
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                        My 3b has the Audi badge on the right and the S2 badge on the right (MY92 3B)
                        I am talking about MY93 S2s having the badge on the left regardless of engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                          That's not right. ABY cars were available from November 1992.
                          My friend Kate is flawed. She does not list *any* ACOQ ABYs until the 1996 model year. The earliest ABYs are listed under A80Q and then they start as March 1993.

Something fell through the cracks.

Comment

Working...
                          X