RS2 replica bumper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 replica bumper.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought and successfully fitted an RS2 replica front bumper on here?
    I'm interested in buying one off flea bay as it almost seems cheaper than buying a used S2 bumper, which I would more than likely have to paint anyway.
    There's one company selling RS2 plastic bumpers with indicator and fogs lights gap shaped to suit the V6/S2 type.
    Would I be right to assume the plastic bumper would be better than the fibreglass type?
    84 URQ 20VT
    95 avant 80 TDI
    87 CQ

I bought one of those abs rs2 bumpers, they are very thin, and will need reinforcement before fitting, but for the money they seem to be good value. I will be fitting it to the s2.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Ah that's good to know.
      So as long as it was supported from sagging and going out of shape,you reckon it's a good enough fit.
      84 URQ 20VT
      95 avant 80 TDI
      87 CQ

Comment

Mine is a replica and looks perfect
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by turbodriver63 View Post
          Ah that's good to know.
          So as long as it was supported from sagging and going out of shape,you reckon it's a good enough fit.
          Exactly. I am going to support it with extra abs and aluminium, to prevent the usual sagging thats even present on oem bumpers.
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

@Rocco
            Good to know Rocco
            Yours looks perfect.

@irishS2.
            Never thought a standard one would have sagged, but it makes me feel more confident buying a replica after all the comments
            84 URQ 20VT
            95 avant 80 TDI
            87 CQ

Comment

Working...
            X