Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove tail light avant 80 b4

hi.

how can i remove the left tail light from my b4 80 avant???

thanks.

Remove the rear boot liner from the inside of the tail gate by undoing the two screws on the plastic handle, pulling the plastic handle out then grip and slide the carpeted panel up. This gives you access to the inside of the tail gate. From here you can access the little 10mm bolts that hold the light cluster on. Undo them and then peel/ push the light cluster off. It will be stuck on with a sticky bonding agent.... make sure you renew this as it keeps it water tight. No idea what the stuff is or where to get it. if anyone knows I too would be greatful as I have a cluster I need to change myself! HTH's

Comment

thank you. I already thought that was the way...

as you may notice, the left is very dirty. need to clean inside and put in place again.

thanks for your time. !

Comment

Once you get the trim off you will be looking at something like this, showing the nuts on the studs that are part of the taillight:

Left side:

Right side (complicated slightly by the lock mechanism):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
          No idea what the stuff is or where to get it. if anyone knows I too would be greatful as I have a cluster I need to change myself! HTH's
          I got stuff a while back for resealing my coupe lights........if this wasn't the exact stuff it was VERY similar. Quite impressed with it and the rear still watertight.
          HTH
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOLT-ON-PA...item3382266053

Comment

Cheers John. I will order some of that up Looks like it will do the job.

Comment

Done....

Enviado de meu XT1033 usando Tapatalk

Comment

Enviado de meu XT1033 usando Tapatalk

Comment

Now i have 3 brake lights and 2 fog rear light.

Taptalk Motorola

Comment

Taptalk Motorola

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielm View Post
                      Now i have 3 brake lights and 2 fog rear light.
                      Good one. I have been running modified rear taillights on my 93 UrS4 since 1999.

I modified one rear fog light (added a 2 filament lamp holder) and added a second rear fog light (also modified). Adding this to the North America outside corners that are two filament, all red plastic lens, I have:

Running Lights

Left side......................Right Side

5W....5W....5W.............5W.....5W... 5W (Euro taillights give you 5W left and 5W right)

Signal lights:

15W...0.....15W............15W....0......15W

Based on what you have done (what exactly did you do anyway), I might change my extra 15W filaments to extra brake lights rather than signal lights.

The photo was taken 5 years later. It was in a dark garage with a long exposure, not as bright as that in real life. Still running them today, 2015.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        Good one. I have been running modified rear taillights on my 93 UrS4 since 1999.

I modified one rear fog light (added a 2 filament lamp holder) and added a second rear fog light (also modified). Adding this to the North America outside corners that are two filament, all red plastic lens, I have:

Running Lights

Left side......................Right Side

5W....5W....5W.............5W.....5W... 5W (Euro taillights give you 5W left and 5W right)

Signal lights:

15W...0.....15W............15W....0......15W

Based on what you have done (what exactly did you do anyway), I might change my extra 15W filaments to extra brake lights rather than signal lights.

The photo was taken 5 years later. It was in a dark garage with a long exposure, not as bright as that in real life. Still running them today, 2015.

Can I do that with this setup, add a right running fog light?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bbmossma View Post
                          Can I do that with this setup, add a right running fog light?
                          I made my modifications with two filament bulb holders that happened to come from a Datsun 200SX that I parted in around 1984 (and kept the lighting harness for reasons unknown - I still have it). On that basis, I am sure that you can find some VAG 2 filament lamp holders that can be Frankensteined into a single filament bulb holder location. A Dremel and epoxy are your friends.

Comment

in my case it was easy because I bought one and came all together.

Justt put on place

Taptalk Motorola

Comment

Working...
                            X