B3/B4 Saloon Wing Interchangeability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3/B4 Saloon Wing Interchangeability?

Are these two components interchangeable on the saloons? Cheers.

B3 is flat, B4 has a flared arch. Also the wheel centre is further forward on a B4 arch iirc.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Pretty sure the trim is at a different height to so you will need to change the doors too to keep it in line.....

Comment

audi /vw are some "#%%@ with parts; they do look alike, but dont fit.... why make so mutch different part in the same year and modell.... i was a volvo guy before, where you kan park the old car beside the 10 year newer,, and parts will fit,, same as opel, and ford... but audi vw... no way....you cant use some little parts, you need the hole ****....( fx.. the front end for the engine and tranny mounts.. think there are 5 or more different versons....) and the strut too... and 3 different bearings, 4 or more differnt brake kit... why????

Comment

So no one has actually done this here on this forum... I'm suprised, that the centre point of the wheel differs as I'm certain the subframes are similar, as are all the panels relating to headlamps/ bonnet etc. Thanks anyway Chaps.

Comment

I first found out when I fitted a cq bumper to my 90q20v, the bumper could not go back far enough to line up with the arch (ignoring the flare). I cut the bumper and the mounts to let it slide back far enough to line up.

Most of the B4 front wings I have seen fitted to B3s have had b4 coupe/s2/v6 bumpers fitted at the same time.

It means you can run a bit more rubber.

Other thought would be wheel arch diameter, b3 uses 205/50/15, a b4 is 205/60/15 iirc.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

@andy10v What is the title of your reference text image?

Comment

Audi Coupe Quattro
                with
                20 Valve Engine

Service Training

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

the subframe are similar; some detalj skills, for the 4pot, for dieselengine, for v6, for the 6tr tranny... but subframe will fit in car..( s2 from 91/ as 92 mod did have the 12mm bushing senter).. the subframe will also fit all mod of vw quantum/ santana versons...

Comment

Working...
                  X