S6 avant boot seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 avant boot seal

Does anyone know whether the boot seal (shown in the photo running around the whole boot opening - I assume it's one piece?) is available from Audi?

I've got a fair amount of water coming in and I don't think it's through the lights because they're dry on the inside and there is moisture inside at the top near the headliner.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Attached Files

I asked about this part a couple of years ago at audi,from memory it was approaching £200

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
      I asked about this part a couple of years ago at audi,from memory it was approaching £200
      you can only laugh at that

thought i was in luck but it's for a saloon

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-100-A...-/130761449055

Comment

Originally posted by urS6Tom View Post
        Does anyone know whether the boot seal (shown in the photo running around the whole boot opening - I assume it's one piece?) is available from Audi? I've got a fair amount of water coming in and I don't think it's through the lights because they're dry on the inside and there is moisture inside at the top near the headliner. Cheers, Tom
        If you have a sunroof, are the four drains clear?

If you have a roof aerial on you avant/estate, is it sealed properly (rubber gasket) to the roof?

Here is the PN for the gasket for the "flap" (hatch): 4A9827705D. It seems to be available. However, it might have been a one piece gasket in the beginning but now, it might come on a roll (you end up with a seam that you put at the bottom middle.)
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

thought i was in luck but it's for a saloon
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-100-A...-/130761449055
          The correct saloon boot seal is 4A5827705, not 4A0827705, which is still not 4A9827705D. 4A9827705D seems to still be in the system. You might contact the ebay seller of 4A0827705 to find out whether it is one piece or not and if not, how long it is. It might be "adaptable" to your application (with some black urethane sealant for the joint you'd have to make) (no splitz jokes intended).

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            If you have a sunroof, are the four drains clear?

If you have a roof aerial on you avant/estate, is it sealed properly (rubber gasket) to the roof?
            I don't have a sunroof, but do have an aerial and yes, the gasket is no longer sealed properly to the roof! Also the aerial is snapped so I need a new one.

Thanks very much for suggesting that one!

I don't suppose you have the part number for the aerial/gasket. Also, is there a guide to fitting anywhere? Presumably you have to pull the headliner down at the back?

Cheers,
            Tom

Comment

I don't have a sunroof, but do have an aerial and yes, the gasket is no longer sealed properly to the roof! Also the aerial is snapped so I need a new one. Thanks very much for suggesting that one! I don't suppose you have the part number for the aerial/gasket. Also, is there a guide to fitting anywhere? Presumably you have to pull the headliner down at the back? Cheers, Tom
              You access the C4 avant aerial from the bottom, after gently pulling down the cargo area (hatch) light from its home in the head rest. There is a nut on the top that holds the aerial to the body, at least over here.

Strongly suggest going for an aftermarket "Fuba" style aerial if you have a broken mast - it probably snapped at the base = FUBAR'd. And I can never find any aerial part PNs.

Here is one post I did on the subject:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/39940.phtml

Comment

Working...
              X