sunroof seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunroof seal

Been reading a few posts regarding leaky coupes and avants and need to tackle mine. As some of these posts date back to 2006/7, I was hoping there was some fresh input.

Puddle in rear footwell - (Avant) so will try to have a look at various seals, grommets etc this weekend but just wondering if it is the sunroof seal (think mine is useless to be honest). Are these still available? The volume of water suggests its a bigger problem than a bulkhead grommet.

Had a quick look at Audi Tradition and one came up for over 100 euro, a bit steep when you can get a double sunroof kit for a L.D. Discovery for 30 quid!

Any options / universal fixes or recommendations?
    (I already thought of welding it up!)

Thanks.

I assume heater matrix is fine as engine water level is perfect. - fills up when stationary in a downpour do assumed sunroof a good option to start with...
    Last edited by Cymru1; 11 February 2014, 20:56.

The exterior seal on the sunroof is not water tight even when new, if a sunroof's leaking it's almost always caused by blocked drain holes, there's one in each corner of the frame.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Bought a new seal from pete at Q corner £112.50 still have a leaky roof found out i don't have a drip tray and both drain holes ok sealed with greenhouse repair tape now leak free
      but i still have water in the boot also new seal and both front foot wells I think i will tape up the rest of the car that should stop it

Comment

Working...
      X