Door Seal Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Seal Trim

Decided to change one of the door seals today. This is what i found on removing the seal
    door seal 002.jpg door seal 004.jpg door seal 005.jpg door seal 006.jpg am i correct in thinking that this could be the main cause for the bad water leak i have on this side as there are two sizes of rivets a couple of rivets missing and the screws in the b pillar trim where rivets should be, someone has done a botch job. Question is was any sealant applied in these areas at the factory.

A foam double sided tape was applied. Use windscreen adhesive and make sure it's well sealed. The same goes for the A to C pillar roof trim. Also, get some high quality all-weather tape and make sure that all the rivet access holes are well sealed.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I've got one side with no rivets in at the minute after I changed the rear window and it doesn't leak

Comment

Bet the leak is from the water wicking along the door seal and then coming out where the procon-ten seatbelt tensioner bracket hooks over
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

You can actually see the water coming in when driving along, it is coming in under the seal and running down into the floor pan.

Comment

Working...
          X