Passenger electric window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger electric window

Hi, my passenger side electric front window does not work, i have tried changing the switch, still did not work, it does not work from the drivers side either, and i take it that both front electric windows would be off the same fuse, as drivers side works.

If i were to change the "window mechanism/regulator" which i have heard mentioned a couple of times on the forum, is there a high chance this will fix the problem? does this "mechanism/regulator" include the motor or is the motor seperate!?

Thanks
    Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

There is a window mechanism/regulator on ebay, 21 hours left. Cheers

Comment

Why dont you try the passenger side windowmotor separately to see if it works? If you know the wirecolours (should be green and green/black) then just feed 12V into it. If the electric motor is fine, it should start to move. I installed the A100 el.motors to my A80 by making new wires and the fact is, that it doenst matter, if you feed the power into the green or green/black. One way it moves the window up and the other way, down... If you dont want to do it yourself, then go to the electrician. It would be much cheaper to first check the motor than just to buy right away a new one. Thats my opinion.
      Audi B4 TQ equipped with AAN and other nice parts

Comment

Bas2, yeah i saw that on ebay, thats what prompted this post, thanks

Ice, i will try that first, i take it then that the mechanism includes the motor, or is the motor a seperate unit
        Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Working...
        X