Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window replacement guide

Hi all,

I'm waiting for a new drivers window motor to arrive in the post next week and am wondering if anyone has a guide on how to replace it please? I've been doing some reading and wonder how long it should take and how difficult the job is.

It's the whole mechanism not just the motor.

Cheers

Lee

Dead easy.
    Take door card off.
    One screw, two small Allen heads under door arm rest.
    Unplug mirrors and windows switches.
    13mm bolts in a grey colour, two near hinge two near door lock.
    Then one either side near bottom of door.
    Undo 3 10mm nuts from window motor in door.
    Unclip any wires or snip cable ties.
    Lift complete window and regulator out.
    Watch out for horse shoe shaped spacers inside door when you take the bolts out. (Think only at bottom two bolts)
    Remove window from regulators, take a photo of the rectangular white spacers so you know which way around to put back.
    Split window from reg.
    fitting is reversal of removal as they say.
    Please feel free to add to this people, I may have missed something, but I can remove in about 3 minutes as I did a pair on Thursday.

Comment

Forgot something!
      Two cross head screws behind arm rest, l shape brackets that the rest screws to.
      Unclip the door handle from card, small u shape sprung bracket, then unhook it

Comment

Brilliant, the card is already off after the window stuck open a couple of weeks ago so I'm halfway there. I was concerned I'd be out there for hours trying to get the new mechanism in.
        I don't have a drive or garage so once it's out I have to get the replacement in pretty quickly.

Comment

Dave's instructions are sot on. I would only add to make sure you mark the position of the regulator frame to the door, and where those U shaped spacers go on the lower bolts or you will have the very time consuming and frustrating job of having to align it all again
          Likewise for the glass to the regulator, if you find you need to swap the glass over.
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

As above.
            Put the bolts part way in, then fit the u shape pieces so they don't keep falling off while you try to fit the bolt.

Comment

C4 Driver's Door Window Replacement

This is for a C4, not a B3 or B4, but I thought that it might be similar enough to provide you with some hints:

http://12v.org/urs/RemovingTheDriver...eDoorGlass.pdf

Hope it helps at least a bit

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

This writeup should be of some assistance to you.

Comment

Working...
                X