Porsche mirror alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche mirror alternatives

Hi, im wondering af anyone has used any different mirrors for the S2 other than porsche teardrops? They look the part but are very verypricey. Ive noticed that mk2.5 mx5 mirrors are very similar. Anybody know if anyones used these on an audi 80 before? Picture of mirrors in question:

Dont flame me, im only looking at the moment but my s2 coupe will be getting painted soon so i was weighing my options

Any help is always appreciated

Thanks

Not seen them on a coupe however my mate fitted them on. His corrado and looked good. Corrado mirrors ( Tvr's use them ) or TT mirrors are also an option

Gav
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
      Not seen them on a coupe however my mate fitted them on. His corrado and looked good. Corrado mirrors ( Tvr's use them ) or TT mirrors are also an option

Gav
      Thanks for that, not seen TT mirrors on a coupe before? Although i think corrado mirrors were also fitted to the mclaren F1 aswell as the tuscan. . I am swaying towards a pair of these if im honest

Comment

Seems like a lot of effort to fit Corrado mirrors when they don't look vastly different in my opinion than standard 80 mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD View Post
          Seems like a lot of effort to fit Corrado mirrors when they don't look vastly different in my opinion than standard 80 mirrors.

That's what I was thinking
          If I had to choose one of the above, I'd pick the mx5's
          84 URQ 20VT
          95 avant 80 TDI
          87 CQ

Comment

Audrius has MX5 mirrors on his coupe...

Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD View Post
              I should explain sorry i we t a bit off topic. Not looking to fit corrado mirrors jus mx-5's

Cheers chaps

Comment

Are there any repro mirrors??

Comment

I've seen quite a few Euro 80/90/Coupé/Cabrios with MX5 mirrors,.
                  SS

Comment

What has to be done to make the MX5 mirrors fit an avant and what has to be done to make them fit a coupe?

Comment

I'm planning to try and fit some MK2 TT mirrors, with the indicators in them, and anti-glare glass.. they are pretty expensive, hoping the price will drop as more get broken.
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        I'm planning to try and fit some MK2 TT mirrors, with the indicators in them, and anti-glare glass.. they are pretty expensive, hoping the price will drop as more get broken.
                        I looked at those, but wow they are expensive just now!!

Comment

I have the same plan

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          I'm planning to try and fit some MK2 TT mirrors...
                          There is an update?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                            What has to be done to make the MX5 mirrors fit an avant and what has to be done to make them fit a coupe?
                            that's what I was wondering. they are also more period correct than the TT mirrors

Comment

MX5 mk2 mirrors on my car

Comment

Working...
                              X