Urs4 advant rear quarter windows removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urs4 advant rear quarter windows removal

As title really. How do you remove and replace these windows. I want to touch up some paint in that area and want the windows out. Anyone done it??

Cheers des

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
    As title really. How do you remove and replace these windows. I want to touch up some paint in that area and want the windows out. Anyone done it?? Cheers des
    It's going to be basically the same as a B4 avant (and probably much like the S2 coupe fixed side glass). There are trim strips and rivets involved, as shown below:

Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 April 2015, 01:10.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I can't see the picture you posted. So the rivets need removed behind trim inside the car?

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
        I can't see the picture you posted. So the rivets need removed behind trim inside the car?
        Try now. There is an issue with Manage Attachments today. I initially uploaded the image via Manage Attachments and then linked to the URL of the attachment. I see now that the thumbnail from the upload did NOT show up. This is the same issue as Mr. Simmons and his Ragusa RS2 photos. Not his fault. S2Forum issue.

Comment

Hi Des,

Have a look at Eric's S2 Avant thread, it covers how he did the B4 Avant 'rear' windows.

Better than tackling it 'blind'.

Comment

Cheers

Here is that link

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=216
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I heard c4 rear side windows(avant) are also bonded in,I can't remember who mentioned it.I will try and look at a scrap one later for you dez

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                I heard c4 rear side windows(avant) are also bonded in,I can't remember who mentioned it.I will try and look at a scrap one later for you dez
                Eric's S2 link shows the bonding and cutting through it. C4 will be the same.

Comment

Yes, they are definitely bonded in. You have to cut out the window before you can access the rivets holding on the trim.

I plan to do a full respray/color change on my Avant and will be removing all the trim prior. I will switch from bright to black trim at that time as well.

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

Working...
                    X