Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Regulator Mounting

Afternoon all,

Finally taken the drivers side door card off to fix the window switched but found out the 'clunk' when putting the window down is the fact the window regulator is just floating...

It had 3 rubber bushes on it that had broken off that appeared to fix it to the door frame. firstly - I can't see these on etka, are they the correct part?

secondly - pulling the regulator across back into position, one of the cables is too tight to allow the 3 bolt holes to line up. Any fix for this??

Cheers

Will
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Cable ties!

Comment

So..... anyone know what the part number for these rubber bobbins are?

As stated above, not on OEMPC and the like.

Comment

Not sure what the part numbers are but if you search for 'rubber isolation bobbins' or 'rubber mounts' or 'threaded rubber mounting' there are lots of options on ebay.

From dim and distant memory, I think the thread is m6 on each end but if you have one in front of you check.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223667946929

Comment

Thanks Steve, yeah, door card is in place at the moment and was trying to buy them in preparation, looks like I may need to pull it off and take a look.

I think you are right, they are M6 from memory.

Will update this with sizes once I know, though I think they have different length threads either side...

Comment

I have a vague recall that in order to get a mounting that is 'thin' enough to suit that I got one that had thread to screw into the motor housing and the other side was false thread and I used short bolts through the door skin into the mounting.. .

I can't upload a pic for some reason but have found a spare in my bits box and it is m6. The rubber is 10mm thick, female thread one side and 15mm of thread the other

Comment

Aha, thanks very much, that's gives me a way forward for sure!

Comment

Working...
              X