X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Nice!
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Good job car looks superb, wish my paint was as good as yours!!
      Recent paint job?
      1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Very nice job you done there car look fantastic

Comment

They look great 👍
          Any details on the modifications to the door and how you managed to mount them ?
          Gav
          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by stocious View Post
            Good job car looks superb, wish my paint was as good as yours!!
            Recent paint job?
            Not a recent paint job at all...the only things that have been painted were the hood and bumpers and they were faded/blended into the original. It's a solid 10 footer if yo8u know what I mean...there's a couple dings in the doors, hood and sides but nothing major...still needs a clay bar treatment but it shines up nicely still. The paint blend was done about 8 years ago...we only drive this thing during the nicer months here in the mountains thoughit is a very capable winter beast too; we just don't trust the others on the road...

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
            They look great 👍
            Any details on the modifications to the door and how you managed to mount them ?
            Gav
            With the mirrors, we were able to not cut the door skins as I didn't feel the want to do so (these are 993 mirrors and not RS2). I cut the aluminum horse-shoe extrusions on the bases so the door skins didn't need cutting and they popped in. I used a 2mm rubber gasket material in-lieu of the "hard-to-find" RS2 seals in the USA and they work...not perfect but they work...I used a 3M thin adhesive film to keep the seals ont he mirros and tightened them down...it worked and the power functions work too. I'm very pleased with the outcome and hope they keep looking great. We used the original bracket to fasten to the door skins and the 993 bases and mirros after being modified...

Thanks for the replies and the help to make these work...out of neccesity, the solution was found and is wokring great! Next up is the 3b insert and smiles for miles!

Comment

Working...
            X