Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nogaro primer or groundcoat colour

Hi Folks

Need a bit of advice from any bodyshop guys, Prepping my Nogaro RS2 for a full respray, all glass out, new front wings, fix the usual problems, rear tailgate, sunroof casette and wondering what the correct colour primer is to use

Its had paint over the years and by the looks of it no 2 panels have been prepped in the same way, There seems to be a mixture of black and grey but not sure whether the black is a primer or a factory groundcoat, Was under the belief that nogaro was a 2 stage pearl and not a 3 stage

Was pleasantly surprised at just how little rust there actually is for a car this age, superb build quality and attention to detail, All makes for a very difficult car to dismantle without breaking bits

Any help much appreciated

Cheers Paul
    1995 RS2 Nogaro
    1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
    1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Hey Paul,

I used a grey primer when I had mine painted. I was also surprised that RS Blau/Nogaro Blue is 2 stage, not 3 stage like my pearl white S4. The pearl effect is blended with the blue. There is an enormous amount of pearl I should have said you mix the blue in with the pearl. Sure does make for a lovely car in the sun though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      got all the plastic trim off and painted, Like you I used grey, Glasurit do a grey, black and white for mixing to suit the top coat, Plastic additive added for good measure, Front bumper had been repainted and primed grey, original primer was black, rear bumper was primed black, mirrors primed black, Looking around on the net there are some primed grey and one on youtube which was primed black before the blue basecoat

Your right, its gorgeous in sunlight

Now if only we could get our bottom door trims to last more than 3 years at 170 euros each !, Drivers Rear is now totally unavaliable even fron Audi Tradition

Cheers Paul
      1995 RS2 Nogaro
      1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
      1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Working...
      X