No announcement yet.

mesh in an S2 bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a kamei lower lip, which mounts on a standard coupe bumper.

Comment

Next

Comment

I wasn't talking about Coupes at all. Yes, they have this Kamei lip for Colour Edition. The thing I was saying is that there is no connection to Competition whatsoever as well as this is not a whole bumper but a lip.
        It also means it has the standard 2-piece Coupe grill which looks even worse.
        1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Gaz and BLAMMO, thanks for the pictures. I see the difference with the lower lip now.

So.... that Kamei "lip" has 3 separate holes but does it come with grilles or do those holes sit in front of the standard grills that are actually fitted to the standard bumper behind?

And do I understand that the 80 Competition came with an S2/V6 bumper as standard and the Kamei lip is an aftermarket piece?
          OR... is the 80 saloon competition one thing... and the Kamei lip a different thing that makes a standard 80 saloon bumper look like an 80 saloon competition bumper?

Hope this doesn't confuse matters. It's just bumpers and no drama gents

Rikki Kitto -
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Yes, the kamei lip simply goes on top of the bumper, so the original grill shows from underneath. It also snaps on the edges of the bumper on the sides, and in the groove below the fogs so no glue needed.
            Just one bad thing, the tow grill can't be taken out then if I remember correctly, because the lip's grill hole is smaller.

Yes, you're right, the Audi 80 Competition had the v6/s2 bumper in front, the rear was also different, not like a B4.

And as for a lip on a B4 bumper, I think I have seen one, just hasn't inspected it from close distance.

Comment

ahaaaaaaaa! Cool, thanks.
              Every day's a school day as they say
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by bazburn View Post
                Mine is just some cut up sort of chicken wire but does a job...
                Oh yeah.. thanks for this. Actually looks quite good, although I don't have an IC on this car to proudly display so I think the thicker plastic mesh would look better for me
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                X