Bumper to wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper to wing

Has anyone got any pics of the screws or bolts that fastens the bumper to the wings cheers

From memory you can use any m6 bolt. The captive nut in the wing "squashes" tight in the hole in the wing on fitting. They normally seize so when you undo them they tear out of the rusty and weakened wing. I send some m6 bolts with a t30 torx as it looked factory. Plenty of anti seize grease too.

Comment

Cheers mate what does the bolt go into can I use a speed nut fitting, that's what was in there before but as you say they seize

Comment

The wing hole is originally hexagonal. The nut slots into this and has a shoulder that prevents it dropping through. As you tighten the bolt the nut squashes slightly holding it tight in the hole in the wing. I have one somewhere if I can find it I will photograph it. Unless your wings are in really good condition if resort to bolt nut and washer.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
          The wing hole is originally hexagonal. The nut slots into this and has a shoulder that prevents it dropping through. As you tighten the bolt the nut squashes slightly holding it tight in the hole in the wing. I have one somewhere if I can find it I will photograph it. Unless your wings are in really good condition if resort to bolt nut and washer.
          Cheers mate I have brand new wings a picture would be great and very helpful if u have one cheers

Comment

I had a discussion about those a while back. See HERE

Comment

Cheers tom, did you use a special rivet gun to put them in

Comment

I'll do better than that.

Rivet nuts N90252104 x 4
                Washers N0116735 x 4
                Bolts N0141433 x 4

Comment

I have just seen the above update. I meant I'll do better than taking pictures. I didn't use a special rivet gun they pulled tight when bolted together. Regards Steven

Comment

Cheers mate where they from audi if so il order some tomorrow cheers

Comment

I got mine from Audi. I've just looked on etka they are only pennies

Comment

Cheers Steven and Tom il order them tomorrow thanks

Comment

Anytime

Comment

There is a rivnut tool used to squash these into the hex hole. If you can get them to stay without it happy days. I welded the rear of the nuts to the wings with a couple of small welds. Good luck.
                            91 Modded 3B
                            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Rivnut tool, you can get an ebay special for £20

You can also use a nut/bolt/washer, run the nut down the bolt, put the washer on, then install the bolt in the rivnut, fit the rivnut, then wind the nut back down the bolt until the rivnut is tight.

Its easy to strip the threads out of the rivnut with some tools. If you have a spare rivnut I would flare one on the bench just so you can feel/see how hard to do it.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                              X