Inner wing mastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner wing mastic

I'm about to refit the front inner and outer wings along with the plastic liners. The vertical liners held in place with plastic nuts and mastic
    Does anyone know what type of mastic is used ?
    I'm hoping it's the same type used to seal the rear lights ?
    Thanks
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Hey Gavin, yep, it is the same stuff as the rear lights.

Comment

What is the stuff used for the rear lamps anyone know where to get it from cheers

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
        Hey Gavin, yep, it is the same stuff as the rear lights.
        Perfect thanks Tom
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
          What is the stuff used for the rear lamps anyone know where to get it from cheers
          AKD 497 010 04 R10 is the Audi part number for it, 33,91€ did it cost me 2 years back.
          I've seen in some thread that some 3M stuff where used. But I can't recall where, so I can't check on any other part number.

Comment

Originally posted by Laaf View Post
            AKD 497 010 04 R10 is the Audi part number for it, 33,91€ did it cost me 2 years back.
            I've seen in some thread that some 3M stuff where used. But I can't recall where, so I can't check on any other part number.
            Cheers laaf

Comment

And for that 33,91€ you get enough mastic to seal atleast 3 sets of lights, atleast for a tpy85 car.

Comment

Originally posted by Laaf View Post
                And for that 33,91€ you get enough mastic to seal atleast 3 sets of lights, atleast for a tpy85 car.
                That's great thanks laaf il be needing some very soon

Comment

Any butyl ribbon will work. I use 3m Window Weld. Same as Audi.

Comment

Cheers
                    👍

Comment

Hi, you don't happen to have the part number for the 3m seal ?. The Audi part starting AKD is nla, even tried Audi tradition but no joy,
                      If anyone knows where I can get a roll please let me know. It looks similar to the stuff used to bag carbon before autoclaving but is a different size being R10
                      1995 RS2 Nogaro
                      1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                      1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

http://3mcollision.com/3m-window-wel...ler-08612.html

Comment

Thanks, ill have a hunt for some in the uk
                          1995 RS2 Nogaro
                          1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                          1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Originally posted by PaulJ View Post
                            Hi, you don't happen to have the part number for the 3m seal ?. The Audi part starting AKD is nla, even tried Audi tradition but no joy,
                            If anyone knows where I can get a roll please let me know. It looks similar to the stuff used to bag carbon before autoclaving but is a different size being R10
                            I have just got some to do my 2.3 Ng coupe Aka. (The Kennel) and the Aby S2. Rear lights on both motors . Got it from TPS reading number is 01189131550. Maybe call them, see if they have a local branch to you. If not pm me and get it sent to me and I could post it to you. If that,s of any help to you. Regards Lynn

Comment

I had cause to reseal the rear lights on my coupe a few years ago, did it with black butyl sealer......fast forward a few years and last week I needed to take the lights back out Foooooking solid!! Got them out after heating the metal work at the rear of the lights..........
                              Anyway got this stuff..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1422544410...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ........ took a chance but it seams a slightly less aggressive level of stickiness than the other stuff I used previously.
                              Might be of interest to some.

Comment

Working...
                              X