factory door lock immobiliser-not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory door lock immobiliser-not working

Both door locks with the key are not triggering the factory alarm with its unique"honk".
    From experience without these working it will be a problem if ever the battery need disconnecting and not being able to reset.
    What would be the main culprit in not activating the immobiliser.Have a full set of doors in the shed,so can pillage parts.
    Is there a sensor on the key lock which could be causing this?
    Cenral locking works fine on the key
    Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
    Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
    Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Is this something to do with the immobiliser circuit inside the vacuum pump for the central locking.
    You earth a pin to reset it or something?
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Alarm/immo uses signal from lock cylinder. Central locking uses signal from vacuum actuator.
      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

So there is a lock sensor on the lock barrel.The drivers door failed first then the passenger.Are these replaceble?
        Rob

Comment

Be careful! Chances are it's something simple, what are the chances of both locks failing at same time?
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

The drivers failed way way before the passenger,so I am thinking the lock sensors
            Should prove to be a pita
            Rob

Comment

Microswitch can be changed on the lock cylinder. Still available, costs ~70€.
              893959985A same for both sides.

Remove door card, remove lock cylinder, and if you have a multimeter, you can measure if its broken, or problem is somewhere else.
              Last edited by M2ki; 4 June 2017, 11:14.
              1989 Audi 80 Quattro
              1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Well got one side operating the door lock immobliser.A huge thanks to my good mate John aka Newsh who helped me change out one of the micro switches on the door lock.
                It is no walk in the park to change one of these especially if like John and I your over 6"3 and have hands like shovels.
                basically the microswitch on the lock can be changed.We did my car without removing anything but the door card.
                Beware the panel surrounding the door catch is a ******* as it is more than likely to be stuck solid and requires a great deal of patience to get free,very easy to break and then you are in trouble.
                Once free the door catch can be removed,by moving a holding ring that sits on the door lock from the inside.
                I had a couple of spare door lock mechanisms in the spare parts box at home and we found that the micro switch can be prised off the door lock.It is easy to put back on as the small cogged wheel inside can only sit one way.
                Once changed we installed everting back as we took it off.The rods for the central locking have to be moved out the way to put back on.
                The most PITA bit was getting the small retaining ring back on behind the door lock,this is what took the most time.But was sorted with a bit of ingenuity by John who used a coat hangar to hold the ring to get it in position enough to turn it back to lock in the door lock.
                Basically it is a faff to do,could be be done with one person but deffo easier with two pairs of hands.
                Now the car locks with its funny honk and the light flashes fom above the fog light switch.

Cheers John your a legend mate
                Rob

Comment

IMG_2799.jpeg Hi

I have been a long time lurker since I bought my 95 V6 coupe last year.
                  I have never had the factory alarm work from the drivers door so thanks to this thread I have traced it to the micro switch.
                  So I googled where to get a new one and anywhere that had them were all £50 or more. But I did find a French website and with google translate help I managed to order one for 18.33 euros. 10 euros of that was the delivery. I maybe should have ordered more.
                  The package arrived today after less than a week from ordering and it is a new genuine switch.
                  Now I just need to try and fit it with my massive hands

https://boutique.asauto.com/

They have a small selection of new and used parts at what seems good prices.
                  Cheers
                  Graeme

Comment

Working...
                  X