Factory Glass Sunroof On Type 89 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Glass Sunroof On Type 89 Coupe

Does anyone know if a factory glass sunroof panel was an option on late type 89 Coupes? I have seen a couple, both on 2.8 V6's, one of which was a quattro. And does anyone have a set of rear opening quarter glass with motors for sale? Can't seem to find any...

Indeed, a glass sunroof was offered as an option on the Coupé. You can even mount a glas sunroof instead of the normal metal one, but when you want the sliding sunprotection aswell, you have to change the "hemel" aswell (don't know how it is called in englisch, I mean the inner roof trimming panel)

Peter

Comment

Cheers for that, Peter. Anyone got a spare glass sunroof panel (genuine) and rear opening quarter glass complete with motors?

Comment

LOL

No
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Vagsport - I've got one in my 95 coupe - and very nice it is too.
          You can't have it.:nana:

ps peter p - its called a headlining over here. Always keen to share!

Comment

Damn! Just as I was gonna dust off my angle grinder too! Do you know if it was standard on last of 2.8 V6's? I've never seen the glass sunroof on an S2, though I have seen the rear opening quarter glass on S2's as early as 3B - engined cars.

Comment

In the "Gute Fahrt" from december 1992 the first test of the ABY coupé shows a red one with a glass sunroof, so it must have been available as an option at that time. In the users manual of my own S2, also a solar version of the sunroof is mentioned: a glass sunroof with solar cells, providing the energy for a constant airflow through the habitacle.
              As you can see: "Vorsprung durch Technik" isn't an idle word at Audi.
              Peter

Comment

I've got a glass roof on mine, MY96 T
                Jim

Comment

They are only £700 new, why not just buy one
                  Martyn
                  -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

My 3B has opening rear windows. Never use them. I also ave the Solar roof inthe handbook, but not on the car
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

HeHe! @ that price, no siree! :eek2: Still, if Vagparts can do one for half that price I might consider buying! Audiman, you wanna sell your hardly used rear opening windows?

Comment

Er, not sure. What would it be worth to you?? Or me?? Do standard non moving ones fit in?? PM me i might consider.
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

audiman: Never seen how the car looks wit lowered rear windows , but it's a must mod I want to/but can't afford. ALready discussed here about motors construction.

I I thing Vagsport can make a good exchange/fitting standart ones instead electric for you.

I like the way 124 serie MB coupe's look with lowered windows. So HOT !!!

Anyway back to
                          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

They dont go down, just stick out a bit. A bit **** if you ask me. Whats the point of that when the car has AC and a sunroof (not glass before you ask Siena!!)
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

audiman: Hm , they don't go full down ? What a peace of CRAP !
                              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Working...
                              X