Roll cage options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll cage options

Hi I will be fabricating a roll cage in my s2 shortly. I am stuck deciding between a full roll cage and and half.

I want the car to be a good road car, I’m just worried the cage will ruin the experience and use ability.

any opinions on what I should go for?

id like to keep the full interior also. I’m swaying towards half cage for functionality

You may want to have a word with your insurance company before going ahead. I'm lead to believe they may note offer cover. I know you would think the car is safer but i think they believe you will drive dangerously coz you feel safer. seems mad to me but worth an phone call just to check. A friend off mine had bull bars on a motor he had, was getting cover coz he said they were fitted but he was removing them they said we know they are fitted, we cant offer cover. I could be wrong about this just putting it out there Good luck with what ever you go with. Regard Lynn

Comment

You definitely do NOT want a full cage in a road, they are can do more harm than good if roll without a helmet on! I would seriously ask yourself what benefits even a half cage will be to a road car, if you want to drive that fast, you should be on track anyway...
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

P.S. Member Terrybullwon aka the Chef has raced a mega S2 and will be able to advise...
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Yes insurance is something to keep in consideration. cheers

Yes agree with driving fast on road but I want it to be all round car for track days and trips to the nurbergring ect.

and the hoop on the roof is also a big part why I think it’s a bad idea with out a helmet. although if well belted up and some high density foam on I think chances of hitting head are slim.

Comment

Cage on a road car is a big NO. Insurers will not cover you due to personal injury and the fact that every collision, no matter the severity is a total loss.
            As above you MUST use a helmet with a cage, no question. A “half” cage I.e. roll hoop and rear tie bars does little for safety and nothing for chassis rigidity, so as with most things in life - go big or go home. Full T45 weld-in cage on a track car, or none on a road car. My 2c
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Anyone knows if there are tüv half-cages for S2 coupé ?

I found a quite cheap kit from Sweden , https://finess.se/produkt/byggsats-halvbur-gata/

But im not sure if it goes through every other year check up
              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Working...
              X