Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamesey
    replied
    That was my next question mate , I've now taken my glass panel out and just look at the state .....
    did you change your pull back panel inside aswell as there different.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    I was under the same impression, whole cassette needs changing, but that is not from direct experience.

Leave a comment:

• JariP
    replied
    Have you done this yourself, changed only the panel from glass to metal? The fasteners are the same? I've asked this before here if the panels are interchangeable, but the answer last time was they have nothing in common. It won't work. Which one is it? My glass panel has gone rotten as well.

Leave a comment:

• Juju-la-Crapule
    replied
    Unscrew the old rusty panel and replace it with the metal panel. These are the same fasteners

Leave a comment:

• Juju-la-Crapule
    replied
    You replace the old panel and put the metal one instead It fits like a glove

Leave a comment:

• Jamesey
    replied
    Hi , I've been offered this panel from a b4 coupe but I'd like to know if this would be just a case of taking my rusty framed glass out and bolting this in its place,,,,straight swap would you say ?
    I'd probably need a different sliding roof part aswell wouldn't I as I think they have a tilt slot etc
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Juju-la-Crapule
    replied
    If it's just to put the metal roof on, there's no need to dismantle everything

Leave a comment:

• Jamesey
    replied
    I take it the roof liner has to come out to get to everything.

Leave a comment:

• Juju-la-Crapule
    replied
    there is a lot of work to do.....
    I repaired my stand with a custom-made glass that I paid 1000 euros for and then replaced mine with a metal one lol

Leave a comment:

• Jamesey
    replied
    Here's some pics
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jamesey
    replied
    I'd love to know how to sort my glass sunroof the metal panel underneath the glass is rotten as a pair and it's forcing the front part of the glass out .
    my other choice is to swap it completely out for a metal panel type that I've found for £80 and then I'll have my spare glass .
    But to be honest I'd rather sort and keep my glass lid

Leave a comment:

• Juju-la-Crapule
    replied
    lol
    No, luckily there were no cars behind me at the time

Leave a comment:

• LSG
    replied
    [QUOTE=Juju-la-Crapule;n2101336]Yes it was impressive .....now I don't have any glass.
    Maybe the car following you ended up with it Or you decapitated them.

Leave a comment:

• Juju-la-Crapule
    replied
    Yes it was impressive .....now I don't have any glass.
    I made a custom glass but the result is not so good.

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    Originally posted by Juju-la-Crapule View Post
    Hi, I'm in the same state as you...I lost the glass sunroof on the highway and I still don't have any glass on it....
    Wow, never seen that happen before...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X