DIY SS braided clutch line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY SS braided clutch line

SS clutch line, no more rubber expandable hose there.

i did a 5 speed 01E swap into the Coupe Quattro. and i do not like the stock rubber/hardline clutch hydraulic line. i made one for the rabbit when i did that swap, so i figured to make one for this car as well. on the rabbit i had AN fittings silver soldered onto the factory hardline ends. then a braided SS line, with Teflon lining, made up.

this one has actual fittings for the master and slave. the 01A and the 01E (5 spd from UrS4) have the same slave cylinder, BTW. i checked the fitting compared to the stock fitting, and things were pretty close. also the 6 spd uses the same type, just use a later one with a metal body versus the plastic body.

i did shave just a little bit of the nut on the cylinder side of the fitting.

just to make certain it seated all the way into the master cyl.

the slave cyl was fine.

when i ordered the parts, i got 2 pr fittings and 3 lines to be sure i got a good length.

the parts i used were from this website: www.Dash3.com and in talking with the guy he said to run -3AN line. this is his specialty so i went with it. and it pushes the FX-700 Twin Disc clutch just fine i have to say.

the parts i used were these:

306-03 M12S 12mm x 1.0 Concave

306-03-M12S -3 TO 12MM X 1.00 - STEEL (CONCAVE SEAT) $3.50

610318 -3 FEMALE STRAIGHT TO STRAIGHT 18" $9.80

610320 -3 FEMALE STRAIGHT TO STRAIGHT 20" $10.40

610322 -3 FEMALE STRAIGHT TO STRAIGHT 22" $11.30

and the final look of the finished product. works fine, too.

Looks much better then OEM!
    Are you doing the same with the brake lines?
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
    X