Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die grinder tungsten burrs

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommended sellers of tungsten carbide burrs for die grinders?

I'm looking for an assortment of heads with 6mm shank. All I can find is stuff from HK on eBay. I'm looking to grind off some stainless from the inside of a downpipe.

Suggestions/recommendations welcomed

Cheers
    Steve
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

I bought a set of HK ones from Ebay and they've been fine, used them for the same as you too , cleaning up welds on the inside of my exhaust
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Cheers Andy. I'll order up a set from eBay and see how I get along. Strange that there's nobody in the UK selling them at a good price. The only set I can see is Am Tech which is typically cheap stuff from experience.
      91 Modded 3B

Comment

Where do people get long shank bits?
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

The set I bought for work was from Snap-on and they wern't cheep but are brilliant. I haven't seen many forsale anywhere exept from tool vans. How much are the ones from HK?
          96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Cromwell tools
            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Cheers There's a Cromwell tools place in Bristol

I tried a different search on eBay and found a tool place in Gloucester that does pretty much everything I was looking for. He has long shank bits too.

Really friendly bloke and he's already sent out the bits I ordered.

eBay seller: glostertooling
              91 Modded 3B

Comment

i have snap on ones and they are amazing
                NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

another for snap on one's, i got mine free with a snap on die grinder, again not cheap but when you use it a lot like i do you can tell the difference between the cheaper machine mart one's that freeze your hand off

Comment

I bought a variable speed air die grinder once from snap on was around £80 lasted me two weeks before the rubber dampening sleeve slid of and wouldn't refit another 2-3 weeks later the collet went. It was also never as fast as some of the other die grinders I had that I picked up for $20 in the US when I was on holiday.
                      Returned it for a refund.
                      Mostly I don't use air die grinders any more port finishes are awful in comparison to using an electric one. The difference is a decent variable speed electric sets you back £200+ and they are massive so a whole new technique is required to work with them. However the finishes are amazing and consistent compared to an air grinder that slows down when you put load on it. Best of all they are cheaper to run as you dont have a 7.5hp compressor going 24/7 instead only a 500watt electric motor.
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
                        they are massive so a whole new technique is required to work with them..
                        dam right! i nearly snapped my wrists off just having a play with 1 of those on a bit of stainless pipe

Comment

I've spent the last hour grinding away at some stainless welds on an downpipe. Apart from the compressor running continually I have to say it works a treat. I'll try it on some of the old fillings in my teeth after a few JD's
                          91 Modded 3B

Comment

ITC tools

These are very good cutter suppliers.
                            http://www.itc-ltd.co.uk/index.htm

Carbide Burs page
                            http://www.itc-ltd.co.uk/burrs00.htm
                            S2 91 (red standard)

Comment

Working...
                            X