5 Axis milling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Axis milling

Does any one work with one of these puppies?

http://youtu.be/EdWWvnrFA9k
    Chef

I pretty sure Lupo911 does!

Comment

In 6 weeks weeks time I should be, one the operations carried out is the machining of the lift impeller for the harrier jump jet

Comment

I work with bigger impellers....15" diameter for private jet engines...bit overkill in an S2...

as for 5 axis machining, this one always amazes me.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDPA06D1r_8.

Comment

That last video looks like a DMG machine with a nutating head and pallet changer, thats some expesive milling tight there! I work with all sorts of 5 axis machine tools. I work for a company that makes touch probes for machine tools and my job is developing and testing pc software for probing. Like CAM for touch probes I guess!!
          If this stuff tickles your pickle you should go to MACH show at the NEC in just over a weeks time!!!
          Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
          03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
          01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
            That last video looks like a DMG machine with a nutating head and pallet changer, thats some expesive milling tight there! I work with all sorts of 5 axis machine tools. I work for a company that makes touch probes for machine tools and my job is developing and testing pc software for probing. Like CAM for touch probes I guess!!
            If this stuff tickles your pickle you should go to MACH show at the NEC in just over a weeks time!!!
            mitutoyo by any chance??...

I went to the MACH show ages back.....I am amazed at the minute about 3D printing and rapid prototyping....the stuff they can create is awesome....

Comment

I was just about to say that,I went about 3 or 4 years back.Amazing day

Comment

I work with all sorts of 5 axis machine tools. I work for a company that makes touch probes for machine tools
                Renishaw?

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                  Renishaw?
                  Well, the fact he lives in south Wales I would say yes, at the Renishaw plant that was the old bosch factory i would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                    mitutoyo by any chance??...

I went to the MACH show ages back.....I am amazed at the minute about 3D printing and rapid prototyping....the stuff they can create is awesome....
                    Not quite, but we do make the probe heads and modules for Mitutoyo CMM's.
                    The company i work for now make Selective Laser Melting machines also, its prettty damn impressive, its possible to make things that are not possible to machine, with 100% density and 100% strength, in aluminium stainless and other alloys!

http://www.renishaw.com/en/additive-...cturing--15239

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                    Renishaw?
                    Bingo!!!

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                    Well, the fact he lives in south Wales I would say yes, at the Renishaw plant that was the old bosch factory i would guess.
                    Good guess! I actually work in head office in Wottton under Edge, Glocestershire. We have bought the old bosch factory in south wales but its not fully functional yet.
                    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Working...
                    X